Hello,

I by chance came across this site tonight looking for info for norovirus. I am a 34 year old male and have suffered the fear of throwing up my whole life. I started having anxiety at 16, I remember sitting in class my sophomore year of high school and suddenly felt like I had to vomit. I went home sick that day and never vomited. After that day my life has never been the same. My anxiety was triggered from the fear of vomiting. It controlled most of my life until I was 22 and had No choice but to get over it. I hated going out to eat in public or be i public, hated seeing someone puke or hear them. Even now at 34 still my greatest fear is vomiting or anything to do with it. Its really crazy because I consider myself I tough man but the slightest feel of nausea can make me shake in fear! I have been exposed to norovirus in the past few days and I am quiet sure ill get it. I know whats coming and I am accepting it I have NO choice, let me tell you why. On Friday 12/27/2013 my wife and my son went to dinner with family in town for the holidays. That morning my son which is 3 had a little diarrhea said his tummy hurt then was fine all day. We got home that night from dinner put him to bed at 12:40 am he woke screaming he vomited in his bed my wife and I ran in there as he threw up 3 more times. I went into panic mode. My wife cleaned him up and the vomit, she slept with him on the couch the rest of the night. The next 3 days he had horrible diarrhea. We also have a 1 year old girl. I knew she would be next as she pus everything in her mouth. My wife had Saturday and Sunday off, I stay home with them. Every day that has passed I am waiting for one of us especially my daughter to get it. My wife on Monday and Tuesday worked left the house at 620 am and gets home at 8 pm, so I am all alone if my kids get sick not a great feeling. very stressful. So today it has been 5 days all day today everyone seems fine and good. An hur ago my wife started to feel sick she is on the couch now and my daughter wont go to bed she screams which is unusual for her. My wife is suppose to go back to work tomorrow and ill be all alone again with the kids. I've been up a lot this week really thinking about this whole thing and have really put it in perspective. Ill do anything for my family I would sacrifice my life for theirs without even thinking twice. So my wife and daughter get sick and then probably me in a few days we all will be healthy again. I follow a sick 2 year old on facebook that has brain cancer she throws up everyday and is fighting for her life. So if my whole family including myself get sick vomiting, the big picture really is not that big of a deal yeah it sucks but we'll live. It's time for this man to man up and not be a f***** P*****! I remember vomiting 3 times in my whole life last time was in 2009 from food poisoning, before that was 1992. Ill keep you posted tomorrow how everything goes tonight wish me luck.