Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default boyfriend sick? scared.

I was with my boyfriend all day, we ate a lot of junk food and kissed and did oral sex. as I was about to leave, he said he felt sick out of nowhere and threw up outside. I saw it and immediately had a well concealed anxiety attack. my question is: will I get sick? ive had diarrhea twice and my stomach is only a tad bit sore. I'm so scared of throwing up. please help.

Default Re: boyfriend sick? scared.

My boyfriend is sick too and I, as well, am a severe emetophobic. You could get sick, but I have noticed being an emetophobic my whole life, that we emets have ways of keeping ourselves from throwing up. its like our brains are so scared of it that it wont let us throw up. So hopefully if you do get sick, it wont be too serious.

It could definitely be caused by all the junk food you two ate. If he doesn't v* anymore I'd say it was that. If you weren't that close to him when he v*d, you weren't exposed.
    M I D N I G H T

You will be fine, junk food can do that. But worse case scenario if it happened to be a virus, it happened as you were leaving so the virus was only exposed after he was sick so you will be fine!

Ahh sick boyfriends. Its always a bit unnerving for me to see my S.O get unwell because you can't really do anything about it. Its not your body so there is no control (which is part of the deal with emetophobics - losing control is always an anxious ordeal). I don't think it was anything to worry about in terms of you catching it. My bf got sick a few weeks back and I slept next to him in my bed after he vomited. I never got sick! You pretty much left then and there. And even so, the junk food would be my best bet.