Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy It happened please help me

Hi everybody,

I'm new here and I really need help PLEASE
    Today has been one of the worst days of my life. As you can tell by the title "it" happened today. I really am confused and I need help so here we go...

I'll start from the beginning. So yesterday was my dad's birthday and we went out to eat at Applebee's and I ordered some macaroni and cheese with chicken tenders. I didn't finish all of it because I started to feel full after a while. Anyways, after we left we went home and I ate leftover pizza from dominoes and I also made and ate cupcakes for my dad's birthday. I felt FINE all day yesterday. I was really happy and I didn't feel weird or sick at all. So I go on with my day and go with my family to the grocery store and then we came back home. Once I got home I took a shower and went to bed around 11:30-12 ish. All of a sudden I woke up at 5 in the morning with a stomach ache. I didn't think much of it and I tried to go back to sleep. I woke up about 20 minutes later and I had pure liquid D*. At first I didn't feel nauseas at all so I tried to go back to bed but I kept having D*. All of a sudden I went to the bathroom and randomly V*. Since then I have had D* god knows how many times and I have V* about 5-6 times. I took imodium in pill form and the D* has basically stopped. I tried to take kaeopectate and some cherry nausea medicine but I just ended up V* it up.

I feel awful and I'm so tired and confused. Why did this happen? Do you think it could be food poisoning? I had a sore throat and cold about 2 weeks ago but I haven't been around anyone sick that I know of. I feel so awful. I can't stop crying because this is the first time I have V* in 3 years. Do you think this is a SV or food poisoning? I AM SO THIRSTY but I'm scared to drink anything. I'm so scared and I don't want my family to catch it. PLEASE HELP ME

Default Re: It happened please help me

How awful! The best thing you can do is rest and try your hardest to drink some fluids. I know it's difficult but I know that when I'm anxious and feeling ill, a few sips of cool water is wonderful. When did you last V*? If it's been more than a couple of hours, I'd say that you're safe to try some liquids.

As for what caused it, who knows? It certainly sounds like it could be Noro, but it's difficult to say.

Focus on getting yourself better! Put something rubbish on TV and curl up in bed. As awful as it is, it'll all be over soon. Ride it out and be strong.

Quote Originally Posted by shhhh View Post
    How awful! The best thing you can do is rest and try your hardest to drink some fluids. I know it's difficult but I know that when I'm anxious and feeling ill, a few sips of cool water is wonderful. When did you last V*? If it's been more than a couple of hours, I'd say that you're safe to try some liquids.

As for what caused it, who knows? It certainly sounds like it could be Noro, but it's difficult to say.

Focus on getting yourself better! Put something rubbish on TV and curl up in bed. As awful as it is, it'll all be over soon. Ride it out and be strong.

Yeah it's a been a couple hours but I'm still having D* about every 30-40 minutes. I will try to sip something because I don't want to get dehydrated... If it is noro, do you know how long I'll be contagious? I just really don't want to get my family sick, especially my dad because he has diabetes and his immune system is weaker than the average person....Thanks so much for your advice!! I've been watching tv and working on school work.... perks of going to an online school I guess lol :P
    I will do my best to get rid of this!!

If it's Noro, you'll be contagious for a while (1-2 weeks). However, the virus is carried in faecal and V* particles. If your bathroom is kept clean and you thoroughly wash your hands, the risk of infection is reduced considerably. It's quite nice that one of your main concerns is not yourself, but your family! That's lovely.

Do you have any medication for D*? If not, perhaps ask somebody to get some for you. Those medications work pretty well.

You seem to be coping very well! I hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by shhhh View Post
    If it's Noro, you'll be contagious for a while (1-2 weeks). However, the virus is carried in faecal and V* particles. If your bathroom is kept clean and you thoroughly wash your hands, the risk of infection is reduced considerably. It's quite nice that one of your main concerns is not yourself, but your family! That's lovely.

Do you have any medication for D*? If not, perhaps ask somebody to get some for you. Those medications work pretty well.

You seem to be coping very well! I hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks for the info!! And yes, my mom is going to the store to get some medicine for me so that will help hopefully... Luckily I have my own bathroom so my family won't be around it. Thanks for your kind words, it means a lot!!

That sounds awful wow. I think personally it could be food poisoning. My family had pizza from that heck of a place a while ago and ended up being poorly from it. When I was young I had food poisoningg and I was ill a lot. So it could be that. Then again it could be a virus but if you haven't been around and sick people you should be fine. Try and rest and I really hope you get better soon. xx

I am sorry you are sick. Emetophobe or not, being sick is never fun. I agree with the person above who suggests you drink a little something. Just little sips is all, but with those symptoms, you must try and sip some liquid or you will become dehydrated. It sounds like a stomach bug to me, but could be either. Norovirus is a common form of foodborne illness. Once you have stopped vomiting for a few hours, dry and eat a little bit of food if you can. Jello, popsicles, broth, bananas, rice, applesauce, things like that that are easy to digest and also bulky to help your intestines ease up on the diarrhea. Clear soda is good once your diarrhea eases to help your sugar (sprite, 7up, sierra mist). Also, pedialyte, even though you may be an adult or near adult age. Something like Powerade would help too in the mean time to help keep your electrolytes up.
    Also, if getting diarrhea and vomiting a few times is the worst day of your life, I think you must have a damn good life so far.
    I hope you feel better soon and seem to be doing better at handling it. Good on you. Rest up, clean your bathroom well with bleach once you are feeling better, and remember, it will all be over with very soon. Maybe you are already feeling better.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream