Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

A girl in my class who I hang out with alot asked me to help her revise for the exams we've got coming up as she's fromTaiwan and she doesn't understand all the words. So we're sitting there in the library surrounded by all our Chemistry notes and stuff and she goes "I'm soscared about the exams, I was sick yesterday because I was so worried" and of course I automatically go into panic mode and I'm like "What, sick as inyou v*ed?" and she goes "Yeah, why" and so I completely freaked out and started asking her all these weird questions like "Which loo did you use?" so I knew which one to avoid and she (understandably) was like "ok...." and so Iloooked at my watch and said "Oh no, I have to go, ummm..." and I just ran off leaving her to revise on her own. That was really evil of me to do wasn't it. But if I'd stayed I would have had a full blown panic attack, and thats exactly what I don't need with SAT's coming up on MONDAY!!!!!

Oh, I bet she didn't think much of it, and I really don't think you're evil!! That would be my response too. btw, when you say "revise" for exams, you mean study, right? Just wondering. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

Hannah - I'm sure your friend will quickly forget about the incident. How about offering to set up another revision session with her? Remember that she was sick because of her own anxiety - a feeling you understand REALLY well. Maybe you could tell her that people being sick makes you really anxious, just like exams upset her, then you will undertand how eachother feels and be able to help eachother through this stressful time. There is no way you can catch anything from someone who is sick due to anxiety, and your friend will not be sick in front of you. Be strong, Hannah, and maybe both of you can get something positive from this experience.

Siafi - yes, I suppose revising is studying - it's what us Brits call the study you do when you go over previously-learned work to refresh your memory before an exam or test. Our schools, colleges and even the media make a big deal about revising, as our school kids have to take so many compulsory national tests that they are ALWAYS revising for something!

Best wishes Jill xxx

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Oh you aren't an awful friend hun. I think what Hannah posted is preety much what I was going to say. She won't hold it against you and now that the initial panick is over and you know it isn't something you can catch you will be able to set up a new study time. Good luck on the exams. I remember those all too well.</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Thanks guys! I spoke to Chein Wei (her name)today and I explained a bit about my phobia and all that, and she was ok with it. Andwe went over the work again in our free lesson todayso it's all ok now.

excellent..im glad you talked with her..it will make your relationship easier now that she has some idea!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Been there, done that....well, almost, maybe a bit different situation. When I was active on the fire dept., me and a few friends was refreshing our skills putting on a 'SCBA', the airtank and face mask. We were trying to see who was the fastest, cos on a fire scene time means alot. Anyhow, since they are a pain in the butt to clean up, sanatize and put back on the truck, 4 of us used 2 tanks. I didnt really think much of it, cos everyone always seems pretty healthy. Anyhow, this one member handed me the tank and mask after he used it. I did my thing got the tank on my back, and buckled when the other member was aking where this feller was yesterday when we worked a wreck. By this time I had the mask on, checked my seal, and poped the regulator on and was breathing the air, when his reply was " oh, I was home, my daughter gave me that stomache flu, and I was partying with the porcialin (toliet) all day" i about died. I think I got the mask of 3 times faster than I put it on. I was like " time for a wee-wee-break, boys" I went off to the bathroom, and was like having a major freaking out. I then made up some excuse, and went home. I never did get sick, but I was a mess my stomache was tied in knots. I Hardly slept, worried all nite.

welldone Hannah, you're being very responsible by clearing up the mess that emet made for you.

you shouldnt hav to, which is the sad thing. but anyway. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, it's good that you told her about your phobia, because usually
    people will be a bit more understanding if you explain why you were
    acting strange around them. There has been many times where someone
    mentions that they've been sick in the last week or so, and I
    completely freak out and dash off. If I explain to them, if they don't
    already know- they usually wont be mad or anything.
    -Anna