Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Went to the doctor... paying for it.

I am so incredibly angry at my doctor. I went in, and subconsciously noted all the things she touched (door handles, computers etc). I told her I had a sore throat that has lasted for a week and she touched my face, then put her fingers in my mouth to see my throat without washing her hands. No gloves. I died inside. How many other sick people would she have touched before that? I'd say quite a few. I cannot believe this.

Either way, I found out I had tonsillitis. She gave me antibiotics without any side effects.

Sorry for ranting on. I'm just tired of constantly counting down 48 hours -_-

Default Re: Went to the doctor... paying for it.

I'm sure she washed her hands before touching those things in the room at least. Otherwise I'm pretty sure that's illegal. And at least at the doctor's offices I've gone to, they are constantly sanatizing everything in the room that they (or anyone else) would touch, so even if you didn't see it, I'm sure it happened. There are pretty strict rules for how clean doctor's have to be...

Quote Originally Posted by mess_of_a_dreamer View Post
    I'm sure she washed her hands before touching those things in the room at least. Otherwise I'm pretty sure that's illegal. And at least at the doctor's offices I've gone to, they are constantly sanatizing everything in the room that they (or anyone else) would touch, so even if you didn't see it, I'm sure it happened. There are pretty strict rules for how clean doctor's have to be...
    Yup, totally agree. Just because you didn't see her wash her hands, doesn't mean they were dirty, she probably washed them JUST before she saw you.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

agree, they are forever washing their hands. The handles are only touched by the nurses and doctors and only the doctor touches the computer, so you are fine. Don't worry, doctors over sanitize, not under sanitize. You are not paying for it.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream