Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need encouragement

My first time posting and you all are probably going to think I'm crazy. I'm grasping for anything right now. Here's the story: against my better judgment I allowed my four year old to play in an indoor playground on Saturday. I held her hand immediately after she came out. She was throwing up by 5pm yesterday (Sunday). I have the best husband in the world and he knows how the fear of v paralyzes me. He immediately took over. I have not gone near my daughter since she got sick. I skipped dinner yesterday and locked myself and my 8 month old in my room, quarantining husband and the sick one to the living room/far off bathroom. I didn't sleep a wink last night, woke up early, and got out of the house as soon as possible. The whole day my stomach hurt. I finally figured it was probably from not eating and had lunch around 1pm. Around 7 I still had the stomach ache, still assuming lack of food was the issue and ate a bagel. My stomach continued to hurt off and on despite eating. Around 930 my stomach started hurting more and I started to have a panic attack. By 1030 I had watery diarrhea. Now I have a million questions. Am I sick? Am I going to v next? Is it just nervous stomach? I'm not really sure what I'm asking here, but need some reassurance right now. My support group (best friend in the central time zone) is asleep and I totally in panic mode right now.

Default Re: Need encouragement

Sorry nobody got back to you lluvijb. I hope you made it through and that you and everybody else are fine. How is your daughter now? Take care, dear!

Oh gosh, I didn't see this post. Like the above poster, I'm sorry you didn't get any answers. What happened? How is your stomach now, and your daughter?

I don't have any children but my best friend has twins and we hang out a lot - I always freak she when she suggests we go to one of those soft play areas, or a ball pit! They look like the germiest places ever!

Hope you're all doing ok now.

Yes, hope you are doing okay...sounds like really bad anxiety for you...I hope that's what it was. Just keep cleaning, try to confine your daughter to one bathroom. Please keep us posted!!