Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really struggling now

Over the past year I have been really struggling with emet and am currently really freaking out. A friend of mine who I went out with last night messaged me this morning saying he had V and D. He knows what I'm like so I don't know why he would tell me but now I'm really worked up about catching it. I know it's unlikely as he didn't v in front of me but considering I spent the evening with him I really don't want to v the thought of it just making me feel sick. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Default Re: Really struggling now

I completely understand! Even though it's so unlikely, I know how anxious you feel. I went out with a friend today who later told me she wasn't feeling well. I over analyze everything that could have passed it from her to me. I'll pray for you to find peace and to avoid all sickness!

Default Re: Really struggling now

I just went through something a couple of days ago. I spent sunday evening with a friend and even smoked a cigarette after him. He v the next day claiming to have had food poisoning but who knows right. Its almost thursday now and the only thing ive been dealing with is the anxiety. Im sure you will be fine, its very unlikely to catch it before the person even has v.