Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Been careless and scared!

I've been slightly careless on hand washing because my hands are cracking from washing them so much or from cleaning. So I can remember doing a few things and can't remember if I washed my hands or not. My anxiety is so high right now and my heart is racing so bad I can hardly breathe.
    I remember cleaning up yesterday. We keep our shoes next to the front door so my door way was really cluttered. I went through them all to put some away and did some more cleaning. But I can't remember if I washed my hands or what I may have touched after the shoes.
    I know it sounds ridiculous but I keep thinking about it and it's freaking me out. Then we went shopping at walmart and my basket was really dirty so I got a new one. I'm freaked out over that even though I washed my hands when I came home. Then I took some stuff to my dads because he has had D for over a week and he talked to me through my window. I immediately wiped my door down after we left and immediately washed my hands at the restaurant.
    I keep dwelling on these things. My stomach keeps gurgling and I've read people having that and then SV. I think I've seriously convinced myself. I'm so scared right now. I can't concentrate. I keep focusing on my stomach no matter what I do.

Default Re: Been careless and scared!

deep breaths! a gurgly stomach could be from anything, and based on how much anxiety you've been having i'm sure it's from that. try to relax. take a hot shower, watch a movie or read a book...which is what i'm going to do now. but please, stay calm, it'll all be ok.
    "Be in love with your life."
    There's too much beauty and joy in the world to miss. My emetophobia WILL NOT win. This too shall pass.

I made it to the store. I was ok for a minute. I started to cook dinner and freaked out again. I got sharp pains all over and I keep thinking I'm sick but can't tell if it's that, gas pains or from my period. I just took my boots off cuz when I freak out my feet get really wet. I'm so scared. I just can't calm myself down no matter what I do. I try to lay and do something to keep my mind busy but somehow I'm still focusing on how I feel.

I really don't think you're sick. Usually with sv* it comes on really quickly and you haven't v* so I think it's just nerves. This happens to me A LOT. No joke. The gurgling, n*, headache, sweating, shaking, stomach cramps, being hot and them cold. It's horrible and I hate the feeling of not knowing what's wrong. But I haven't gotten sick. Maybe take a walk? That can help too or watch a silly movie or tv show. Just remember you're not alone!

My husband says the same thing. I got up and vacuumed and sprayed Lysol on my carpet. I don't know why even when I don't feel well cleaning does a little something. I just wish it will stop coming in these waves. I really felt like I'm losing my mind. I'm ok for this moment but I doubt this anxiety will stay away. Thanks for talking to me. I was feeling so alone.

Of course! Do you have any antiemetics? If not, maybe ask your doctor about them. It's really comforting to know you have a pill that can help. I take promethazine and it helps with the nausea and anxiety. But keep doing whatever it takes to ease your mind. Try to get rest! Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks. I have zofran but it doesn't do much. I asked for phenergan because I use to take it. But with new insurance and new doctor they said they don't perscribe it because of the side effects.

How are you feeling now?? Better I hope!

Just thought i'd jump in and mention a couple natural antiemetics, ginger and peppermint. I think spearmint acts like one too, maybe all mint plants do, i'm not sure.
    But ginger is supposed to very effective. Then there's also cannabis, idk if you can get it legally where you live or if you're totally against it, but i thought i'd mention it anyway.

I forgot, some OTC antiemetics are; meclizine, dimenhydrinate and diphendydrmine. Now, keep in mind that these are the active substances, i didn't wanna mention brand names since they may vary depending on what country you live in. Diphenhydramine isn't legal where i live, i'm guessing 'cause it acts as a deliriant at higher doses. But check your local pharmacy, write them down and ask for them.

I don't feel sick anymore. But I'm still stressed out. We had things to do today. I don't normally eat at fast food. But we went to a burger place and I got a veggie burger but it's made from black beans. But anyway the bathrooms were busy for a long time and we ended up eating without washing our hands because we didn't have a choice. So I'm nervous about that. I made chicken for dinner and chicken always scares me. I always think it's undercooked. So I'm stressed over that too. If it isn't one thing it's another.

Thanks for the tip. I always have peppermint or ginger tea on hand. It sometimes helps. But I have GERD and my doctor said to not do the peppermint one because it aggravated reflux.

I have considered cannabis a few times. I use to use it as a teen but haven't in over 10 years. The last 2 times I did it was bad news. One time I just got really paranoid and stayed in the bathroom for a looooong time. The last time was some street stuff and I realize things have changed a lot over the years. I planned on a couple hits just to calm down. But after awhile I didn't feel anything. So many minutes of not feeling anything led me to smoking a whole bowl. It kicked in about 20 minutes later and I can't remember ever feeling so sick in my life. I literally couldn't move I felt so bad. I considered getting a card and going to a dispensary and trying out a few. I'm sure the stuff from the street is bad news lol

Try to use fresh ginger and boil it for 10-15m then make tea out of that. Can you get rooibos tea? Also known as red tea. It has no caffeine in it and if you boil it with the ginger for 10m, it doesn't get all bitter and sour. If you decide to use cannabis, you don't need to get really really high, just get a little high going and you should be fine. If you do feel paranoid still, talk to someone, try to relax and go with it.
    Going to a dispensary would be a good idea. All the strains they've come up with with the right THC and CBD content and all that for all kinds of different ailments.

I'm kinda turning into a vegetarian 'cause i get kinda scared when eating meat sometimes.