Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Silly question here, but i'm wondering if anyone else here can burp/belch? For some strange reason, i can count on 2 hands the amount of times i've burped in my adult life. It's just something i rarely do!! I thought perhaps, it's due to my emet, cuz the action of burping/belching is similar to v*ing and i'm wondering if subconsciously i keep it at bay?

Just wanting to know if anyone else with emet can relate to this :-)

Paula
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Sorry. I burp and belch all the time [img]smileys/smilies_40.gif[/img]
    \"This too shall pass\"

i burp constantly.. i can get some loud and long ones too
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

LOL this Paula has gotten standing ovations from her 7 year old for her resonant belches! LOL!!![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]ButI drink a lot of pop (soda, whatever you call it wherever you are) so there would be no way I couldn't burp.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

I absolutely CANNOT burp. I think it's b/c it reminds me of v*ing. I mean if there is air there, it isn't a belch, but more like a small hiccup. I can totally relate to this one! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I burp all the time except mine aren't loud and showy like SOME people *Looks at her sister, and Dad* but mine are quiet almost never make a sound. But there was a time period where I wouldn't burp because it remind me too much of V*ing. So I can relate.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

hahaha shoulda said *looks at her sister, dad and becky* hehe
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Yeah, its weird, I just can't do it! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I'd like to be able to belch, it'd be great to get a laugh from friends and stuff, but nope!! The best I ever do is the occasional little 'hiccup' sounding thing, just after I've eaten...its not a burp.

I don't think mine's anything to do with my emet - I just don't do it! And when I do, its so pathetic. lol.

Oops i have to apologize cuz i see my post came up on 2 different categories. When i first made this post under the "discussion" category, it said there was an error and it couldn't be posted (but here it is anyway) and so i posted it again on the Q&As....sorry bout that!

Thank you guys for replying though :-)
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

I have it another way but its scares me, if i dont burp I tense my stomach and it feels awful, so I have to burp but my throat tightens up and makes me feel as though Im going to retch. I wish you could tell me your secret on how you keep your burps in. I get bad heartburn with the forse of geting my burps out yet I feel I have to do it cos if I dont I think i might retch. at least you feel in control and thats what matters.

Suzy-o, I don't intentionally keep my burps in. I just rarely do it and i don't know why lol. I only get the occassional tiny burps that happen right after a hiccup, like when i'm so full from eating, and i don't even know they're coming hehe! I even get excited when it happens, and say "Holy crap!, i actually burped!" LOLOL!!

Hey Paula, man i wish i could let out one of those resonating burps, like you can..LOL That HAS to feel gooooood!!! Boy when i drink a soda (i rarely do though) i suffer with the gas...well until i can pass it the "other" way HAHA!!! Now THAT i have no problem with LOL!

I have not burped since I was in first grade!!!!!! I am now 24 years old. I wish I could burp cause sometimes it really hurts!!!! Carbonated things I have to drink slowly or my stomach looks like I am nine months pregnant. I hate it!

My hypnotherapist told me that you dont have to burp. Your body breaks it up and it comes out of your breath! However, Im still hell bent on getting my burps up. Wierd innit!

Yeah, i was told too, by a doctor, that not all people burp (which i found weird). But i thought maybe "my" reason was due to my emetophobia...so i don't know..maybe it really doesn't have anything to do with it.

Suzy-o, that's not weird that you want to get your burps up. So do i, but i just can't for some reason. It IS very uncomfortable feeling all the air trapped inside the belly and instinctively we all want a good BuuUUUrrrp!!! hehe!

Thank goodness for farting man!! LOL or i'd explode! HAHA!!