Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Blah... On May 25th, I'm going with my school band to Paramount Canada's Wonderland (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's an amusement park). I kind of have to go, as I'm one of the only two first trumpets in the band, but I've been having anxiety/panic attacks all week just thinking about it. I've been 3 times before and nobody's ever been sick, but for some reason I just can't talk myself into it this time. I had to come home from school today because my breath was so short from anxiety that I got dizzy and fell off my chair in choir. What should I do?

hmmm well if you really cant do it them you cant, but if you know that no one has got sick before then you know deep down that it will be ok. You've got a few dasy to decide but I personaly think you should give it a go and just have a good time with the poeple in ur band. Afteral we all deserve a good day out, being emets!! I hope it all goes ok. If you need to talk please PM me or add one of my messenger things by clicking profile (although u probably already knew that!)

Thanks....I'm giving some of my friends printouts on how to help me through panic attacks just in case. Friends rock.

Wow, you are very prepared! Just do what you have to do to feel comfortable and you will be fine! Let us know how it goes for you.
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

wow, i live right near Canada's Wonderland - what a small world. okay, about 15 minutes away, but still.....

what school do you go to? what grade are you in?
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

wow thats a great idea giving ur rfiend info on your panic attacks! I havent told my friends so that eally is a huge step! I'm sure ur friend will help you thorugh it! (my friend jsut said I was being stupid and pathetic!)

Just be brave... amusement parks can be really fun. Last summer I went to one with my mom and two brothers. My older brother is 21 and my younger is 8 (I'm 20). My younger brother kept wanting to go on all the roller coasters with me, and I was SO worried that he was going to be sick, because I'm not sure if he'd ever been on one before. I had only been on them a couple times in my life. So finally we find one that doesn't look too scary, and we get in line. As we get closer to the front of the line, a car with four girls in it was just finishing its round... and I saw that one of the girls was covering her mouth and kind of jerking forward a bit. I knew what was going to happen, so I did this: [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Then I hear some kid yell, "Eww! That girl just p***ed all over the place!!" Well, that was it for me... I decided for both my brother and I that this was NOT the ride for us, and covered my concern by telling him that I didn't think he could handle it [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] So I was anxious for quite some time after that, and my stomach was in turmoil. My older brother also kept wanting me to go on roller coasters... but by that point, there was no way I was going to go on one. But eventually, my stomach calmed down, and he convinced me to go on one with him. I insisted we get in the front car or get as far front as possible. So we did... and I had SO much fun!!! No one got sick (though I was still really worried about it), and I didn't even really see anyone who looked nauseous. After that, I rode every roller coaster in the park... some of them several times! After all the crap that happened early in the trip, I was worried that the whole day was going to be awful... but it turned out to be one of the best times I've had in a long time [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

So, I guess the moral of the long story is... try not to let your concerns take over your ability to have fun.

&lt;Zachary&gt;
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

I LIVE NEAR PARAMOUNT CANADA'S WONDERLAND TOO !!!!

LOL

I live in Thornhill, just outside of Toronto. And i was scared to go to. Even those mall fairs scare me ... cuz i saw p*** on the ground once { wahhhh [crying] }

IF ANYONE HERE HAS MSN please ADD ME !!!

I'm 16 btw ... It would be nice to talk to some Emet teens

RaVeN

Wow Zachary, you are BRAVE!! I had an amusement park v*-watching experience, and I'd die before I ever walk into a park again!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Good on you, though [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.