Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Silly question, but is there anyone else on here who can't or don't burp/belch? For some strange reason i rarely do! I can count on 2 hands the number of times i've burped in my adult life.

I thought perhaps this has to do with my emet, since the action of burping/belching is similar to v*ing and maybe i'm subconsciously keeping it at bay? I can guzzle down a can of soda/cola/pop and still not burp hehe!

Can anyone out there relate to this?

Paula
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

I can burp. I am for some reason not afraid of doing it, unless I'm sure it will make me sick, but burping makes me feel better. The air in my stomach does not feel good and it makes me panic that if I have too much air in my stomach i'll get sick.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Thanks for replying :-) Hey i'm glad that you can do that...wish i could! That's gotta feel good to be able to burp. I don't know why i don't..maybe i'm just an oddball hehe!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

^^;; Nah, I'm sure there are some people on the site that can't burp either. They mentioned it awhile ago in some other buried thread but I don't remember who it was.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

i rarely do it...if i do it will be randomly and really small.

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I agree that I don't enjoy burping.. but it might also be because I rarely do it
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

I physically cannot burp! My family all think im really wierd that i cant so im glad im not the only one. I can drink a huge glass of cola and not burp. Sometimes i do a kind of hiccup, but it is deffinately not a burp. Sometimes i get really bad gas in my stomach and its really painfull because i cant burp

I can't burp either. Not scared, I just can't. I don't think it's anything to do with emet because I can't remember ever in my life being able to do it. Very occasionally if I hiccup there will be a tiny involuntary burp but I can't do it on purpose. God I wish I could learn becausethe stuck windcan be so unbelievably BLOODY uncomfortable!

Wow, just find this site after thinking about whether my inability to
    burp was related to my total fear of being sick/people being sick. I
    don't think I'm going to throw up when I burp but I know that the very
    few times I have burped I have got a fright and felt ill after. It's
    good to know I'm not alone

I have NEVER burped in my life. Never, ever, ever.

All my friends think thats' odd considering they have belching contests.

i can burp but sometimes when i get those burps that have those nasty after tastes i'm afraid that i'm gonna v*.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

I can't burp either, i wish i could, trapped wind can make u feel
    awful, after a coke i cant eat for ages and deep breath trying to get it
    out.. Does anyone have ANY ideas on how to burp?

I physically cant. and.. its not a recent/emet thing because I never could, not even as a small child, and although Ive always been vaguely emetophobic, it had no serious/discernable effect on my life until uni.

If I have wind I sort of hiccup involuntarily or fart haha...

Actually it can be quite painful, not being able to burp. when I was fine n social, n used to spend hours doin things like clothes shopping or wandering around town, Id get these intense indigestion-likepains in my chest, n a horrid feeling of wind rising, but I simply couldnt burp it out no matter how hard I tried.. n Ive had people sit there n try n TEACH me to burp lol. Curiously now that I dont walk anywhere really, I never get those type of pains.

THANK GOODNESS FOR FARTING!!!!! hahahahaha!!!!

I am exactly the same way. When I am about to v* I burp quietly over and over where no one can hear me. The one and only time I belched out loud, I immediately v* after. I never belched again.

I hate this phobia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even imagine overcoming it.

I used to be really afraid of other people burping but never myself. It still makes me slightly anxious sometimes, I think because of the relation to v*. Anyone else ever felt like that?