Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Scared

Default Scared

I have a story about this evening. This happened about an hour ago and I'm very scared and panicking right now.

I was just out at the movies. When it was over, I went to the bathroom and while I was on my way out, this girl came in and she was hyperventilating, couldn't stand up and was freaking out and crying. Another woman started helping her while I stood there terrified until she asked me to go get help. So I ran out, found some guy who called the manager and then immediately left as fast as I could. The woman who was helping her came out and was pointing to the bathroom and talking to the managers. An ambulance passed me on the way home and I think it was for her. So obviously now my phobia is freaking out and I came home, threw all my clothes in the laundry and took a shower. Now I'm thinking all kinds of stupid selfish things like I'm being punished for seeing the movie and I wish I hadn't gone to the bathroom because then I wouldn't have been "exposed." It could've been anything but obviously I'm thinking the thing that affects me the most. I feel like the worst because I'm being so selfish when this woman was obviously having such a hard time and I'm freaking out about what I could catch.

I couldn't even wash my hands until I got home because it happened as soon as I was coming out of the stall. I'm so scared right now. I have medication and a meditation that I do when I have panic attacks like this. But I'm so scared about what I could've been exposed to in there. I've had a bad cold for three weeks so I'm also scared my immune system isn't up to par right now.
    If anyone could help me out, offer advice or something, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Default Re: Scared

Did she actually v though?
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

To me it doesn’t sound like she v’d most people don’t freak out like that, the fact that an ambulance was called and she was in such a bad way makes me think that it was something more seriousL

it sounds like she was having a panic attack. you weren't exposed to anything! don't worry you will be ok. try not to freak. easier said than done i know, but even if she was sick, you were nowhere near "particles" anyway. you are a okay!
    "Be in love with your life."
    There's too much beauty and joy in the world to miss. My emetophobia WILL NOT win. This too shall pass.

That sounds more like a panic attack or something. They wouldn't call an ambulance b/c someone v'd.