Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ugh! Stupid nausea!!

Yesterday, I had a slight feeling that I needed to use the bathroom but it was like, not an emergency so I didn't and had the thought of "I'll use it tomorrow." All day I was fine. I was eating something that was chocolate squares with salted caramel in the middle. They were so good, until my stomach started to bubble. My brain was telling me it was nausea, but I knew it wasn't; however, there was something in the back of my mind that said that if I suddenly grew nauseated, I'd vomit. Like, everything but nausea was missing. Then with the bubbling, there was a very heavy pain in my intestine in my navel that was... wasn't strong but, heavy pain. After maintaining from using Promethazine, I eventually took one... 20 minutes later, actual nausea flushed over me. It was very fleeting, but it was enough to make me crush a pill and put it under my tongue. I'm not used to the burning anymore lol. There was a VERY strong pain under my navel, like a contraction, and then... the nausea was gone. No more bubbling, nothing. No urge to use the bathroom... nothing.

I'm sitting here confused. I know it was probably my body trying to move stool to make room or something, but... why no urge to use the bathroom? Since I don't have to go, forcing myself wouldn't end well... would it? There is still a warmth in my intestine and slightly gassy, but, I'm lost. I'm hoping that the promethazine will kick in soon to prevent any nausea because I was doing so well not taking them.

Default Re: Ugh! Stupid nausea!!

It's definitely a poop =P
    Holding it in for a day can certainly cause what you're describing. I'd say as soon as you get the slightest urge to poo, go for it.

Default Re: Ugh! Stupid nausea!!

LuckyNumber is right. Not going when you need to can make you feel yucky. Any better now?