Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I really REALLY need help! Pleaseeee

I work at a rehab center for teens. And I came into work today to find out that one of the kids v* twice last night. Now I knew that by working here this would happen eventually but I wasn't going to let that stop me from having a career. On the bright side I am being rational about not freaking out over being around the kid before he got sick and I wasn't there when he did. But I'm terrified of other kids getting sick, staff getting sick, and myself getting sick. My stomach is in knots and I feel trapped. On top of being stuck at work I am 30 min away from home. I want to cry and I feel like I'm about to panic. And my boss just went home because he was feeling n* and weak. Idk what to do! I'm here for 5 more hours and idk how I'm going to do this! Please someone help me!!!!!!
    "Be in love with your life."
    There's too much beauty and joy in the world to miss. My emetophobia WILL NOT win. This too shall pass.

Default Re: I really REALLY need help! Pleaseeee

Sorry you are having to experience this! Maybe he v because of something he ate, rather than being sick. You are also correct in stating that you weren't around him when he got sick. Chances are that if other teens or staff get it, it will be the same thing in that you won't be around them if they v. Ensure that you wash your hands frequently and don't put them anywhere near your face. Hang in there! You're going to be okay.

Just buy the dissenfectant wipes & wash your hands in warm water
    trust me you won't get it if you're clean (which most all us are) you'll be fine (:
    3 out 5 people had it in my household & I knew nothing about 2 of them because they never told me.

Thanks guys, that truly helped.
    Well I made it through the day...and another kid v* and a couple other said their stomach hurt. So I'm so stressed about going back tomorrow. I washed my hands a lot and when I got home cleaned everything down and took a shower.
    Ughhh the next few weeks are going to be hell!! 😭 the waiting game is the worst part of all of this!!

Yes I totally understand ugh I found out my uncle & his kids started *v & my step dad but he didn't tell me & now I'm scared to death again ��
    i know what you're going through ugh it sucks so bad
    "You'll never fly if you're too scared of the height"