Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Your thoughts?

Default Your thoughts?

So my daughter was sick with sv* this morning. My husband took care of her and didn't bleach the bucket she used just rinsed it out. I was in the room with her after she stopped v* but I had my face a few feet from the bucket. Do you think I could have caught it from being near the bucket?

Default Re: Your thoughts?

Sorry to hear your daughter is sick no, I don't think for one minute you'll catch it just from being near the bucket, especially seeing as it had been rinsed already. Hope she's better soon.

She's running a 101.7 fever which is weird for noro. My girls have never had fever with noro. Strange thing is she's hungry now too.

Are there any other symptoms? Sore throat? Headache?

my son and I JUST got over noro. the fever lasted for 2 days for both of us and stopped as quickly as it came on. i can tell you from my experience that i felt like i was starving, but i cramped when i ate. we did give my son saltines apx 8 hours after done v* and he did v* again but not much. i ate some sliced banana and it stayed dow, maybe 1/2 of one. just make sure she is drinking at least sips of fluids. i also had terrible aches while i had the fever part and was freezing cold. i'm sorry she is sick. my husband and daughter did not catch it even though i was too incapacitated to bleach. we just kept them using different bathrooms, and we washed hands a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by TryingToBeBrave View Post
    my son and I JUST got over noro. the fever lasted for 2 days for both of us and stopped as quickly as it came on. i can tell you from my experience that i felt like i was starving, but i cramped when i ate. we did give my son saltines apx 8 hours after done v* and he did v* again but not much. i ate some sliced banana and it stayed dow, maybe 1/2 of one. just make sure she is drinking at least sips of fluids. i also had terrible aches while i had the fever part and was freezing cold. i'm sorry she is sick. my husband and daughter did not catch it even though i was too incapacitated to bleach. we just kept them using different bathrooms, and we washed hands a lot.
    This is so weird she ate and didn't get sick. After she took a shower she said she feels fine and is playing. I have no idea what it was. She does have a bad stuffy nose and said her ears hurt after she took a shower.