Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

My stepmum isn't a very tolerant person, especially of my phobia (Well what she knows of it anywa) and this morning I was coming out of the bathroom when one of my four year old sisters walked in there past me, holding a slice of bread she was eating. I said to her why are you bringing food in the bathroom, it's not very hygenic, and my stepmum downstair says in a voice i probably wasn't supposed to hear, "Oh shut up Jen." So, what, does she want the kids to get sick? Because putting food down in the bathroom is not a good idea as we all know. Also, I have to babysit her kids tonight (the kids I'm not allowed to tell off or reprimand despite living with them and being like 18 years older than them, but I'm good enough to be the unpaid babysitter!) so if they get sick tonight because of her poor hygeine rules, I am NOT gonna be happy.

Sorry for the rant she just gets me this way at times
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hopefully, they will not get sick, but it is very nasty to take food into the bathroom. Maybe you could take this opportunity to talk to them about handwashing and good hygiene since it is apparent your stepmom isn't going to do it. They may actually listen and do what you say!

Jess

ugh, i wouldnt want to bring food in the br or have kids bring it in there even if i wasnt an emet. i dont blame you
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

It's hard though because they are now at the age where they will go to her and say "Jen said...." and she'll get annoyed at me for doing it. I just think it's inconsiderate - she's risking their health and she's risking ours too.
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grr! Can understand how annoyed you'd be feeling with her. I've been brought up to know that food in the bathroom is unhygeinic, and something that is just 'not done'.

Don't worry if your stepmum gets annoyed...you can never be too careful with kids and food, their little fingers pick up all sorts of germs...so even if your stepmum doesn't realise it, at least be content knowing that you're doing the kids a favour by teaching them not to do it [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I can understand your point! But i couldn't help laughing (NOT at you!) ONLY because, where i work, we're not allowed to eat at our stations, and sometimes i get low blood sugar and get shakey. I can't wait for lunch or break time to eat when i'm like that, so i sneak off to the ladies room, with a candy bar or crackers, and eat them in there LOLOL!! Well it's not like i lay it down anywhere, it's in my hands the entire time! hahaha!

I guess i'm not that fearful of germs in that aspect. My shakey hunger over-rides that. But i was actually laughing at myself and what i do at work, while i was reading this..i was not laughing at you by NO means!!!

Just had to tell ya hehehe!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7