Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help

Default Help

I don't exactly know what's wrong right now. I have bad stomach ache though. I can't breathe properly. I feel like I'm going to start hyperventilating any second. I feel complete dread. I don't even feel that sick but I'm convinced I'm going to be. My breaths are not coming out right. Am I losing my life, I felt like I was dying for a while now, and if that is the case then I'm glad, because I wish to be dead anyway. But if I'm going to be sick then what should I do. My throats closing up and I'm trembling. Please help me

Default Re: Help

Take deep breaths...in through your nose then slowly out of your mouth. Do this until you feel you're in control & start to relax. This is classic anxiety causing a panic attack. Totally understandable, Ive lost count of the number of times Ive felt off & began to work myself up thinking Im gonna v*. Try to distract yourself by watching tv or playing a game - anything to take your mind off how you are feeling. Hope this helps.

Thanks. It's not as severe now, little boats of panic here and there. I've lost count of the ammount of times this has happened to be to. Yet it always causes to make me scared stiff.

Glad it easing off now.

Its very easy to give advice but taking it yourself isnt quite so simple! Im not feeling great myself - havent for a few days, & every new ache or my stomach making funny noises is freaking me out.

I get those kind of panic attacks. The worst is when you wake up with them out of a dead sleep. It happen to me yesterday. I thought for sure I was going to v* and pass out. What helps me is to go outside and get fresh air. Remind yourself to slow down your breathing and take deep breathes. I also use an ice pack on my neck which helps too for n*. Just keep telling yourself you are ok and everything is fine.