Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling nauseas and scared :(

I posted around Xmas time that I V'd for the first time in 14 years. It was the week before Xmas it happened and since then my anxiety has doubled! Although part of the time I am telling myself 'what are the chances realistically of me going 14 years and for it happening twice in a month!' But the rest of my is in sheer panic that my body now 'knows' how to do it! I'm so scared!

Tonight I have gone to bed and am all bunged up with a runny nose and bad cough which I can cope with... I am allergic to fur yet share a bed with my two dogs so I'm used to allergy flare ups but along with that I have a really gurgley throat/chest which is panicking me! I've taken 4 5ml spoonfuls of gaviscon to try get rid of it but it won't and its bringing back thoughts of when I V'd as I was gassy in my throat then!!!! I've also had an allergy tablet for the dog situation along with an epilepsy tablet I take anyway and citalopram I am prescribed. I really want to take a propanolol, I'm not prescribed them but my mum is and I do from time to time take hers when my anxiety is really bad. But I'm already freaking out that maybe I feel sick BECAUSE of the mixture of medications I've taken tonight? And what if that makes me V??? So I'm trying my best to hold out taking a propanolol but my anxiety is so bad! I can't do breathing exercises as my chest is wheezy from my allergy and I can't manage to take my mind off it with ANYTHING!

Sorry I am ranting on I'm just really scared

Default Re: Feeling nauseas and scared :(

Awww, hope you feel better! Yes, I think you are getting too anxious over everything. I wouldn't take any more meds, just try to relax as best you can. How about a hot cup of tea or a hot bath? Do you have any essential oils, like lavender, to put in a bath? That really relaxes me. I know it's difficult but take it easy and you will start to realize it's anxiety...hugs!!

I don't think its a good idea to take the propanolol especially as you have already taken other meds.

Maybe you have become even more anxious since actually v* after so many years not being sick! Id suggest you go & see your own dr & see if he can prescribe you something for anxiety. That way you know he's taken into account the meds you are already taking so you can be sure its safe to do so. Try distracting yourself, I also find a cold wet flannel on the back of the neck can sometimes help when Im very n*.

Thank you both! This stupid phobia is really awful but reassurance is a big help I have still not taken a propanolol and gonna try stop myself from reaching for them the rest of the night too! The only good thing now I know what it's like to v is that I can compare my usual anxiety feelings of it to the time it really happened and try see the differences. I don't feel like I did when it happened but that still doesn't fully take away the panic! Grrr!
    I am going to go to the doctors this week and see if they will prescribe me anything else to help the anxiety. For now I am feeling a little better than when I was typing this post to start with so I guess just browsing this site has taken my mind off it a bit thank you again