Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Norwalk disease

Hybrid View

How often does it break out?

And what is the difference between norwalk disease and a litle stomach bug?

If somebody touches some food and I then eat it, how big is the chance that I will vomit withing 2 days?

I am really scared of this norwalk virus...

You should go to this website. It gives you information on the norwalk virus.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/s...ub_norwalk.htm

<a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Hmmm, i've never heard of Norwalk disease before!! What the heck is it???
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Norwalk is a type of stomach virus...[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img].

The worst type!!!...I'm in so much fear everyday of me or my kids catching it...every time i've read about it the symptoms are frequent violent vomiting....YIKES!!!....I believe it's the most contagious virus out there right now....scholls are closing...cruise ships have many outbreaks....hospitals closing...it's so scary...I guess as they say proper hygiene is the most we can do to prevent it.
    ~Sheri~

I fear this every Winter. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

A primary school here has been closed because 60 of the staff and children have it. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]The school is going to be completely sterilised before it's re-opened though.

It's at the other side of the city though. I've managed not to have it for the past few years though.

I'm also grateful that my mum, she's a nurse, doesn't work in a hospital. She works at doctors practice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know if this is any help to anyone, but we had an outbreak near me and my mother caught Norwalk, the Dr confirmed thats what it was she was so ill. But I never caught it even though I had shared a drink with her hours before she V*.

Though I have to say, I'm scared this winter because my family are all very close and we just moved near them and usually if one gets a bug they all do and I'm scared of my mum bringing it into this house, and it's more likely this year than ever before.

xxxxxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I think if you're even 1/10th as sanitary as most emets, you'll never catch it.

So don't worry! (and yes, check out the website about it because it should really ease minds. It's not that easy to catch if you wash your hands, or better yet, never touch your face with your hands.)
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

The stomach bug is with the vomiting and diarrhea; you are sick for a bit and than feel better. The norwalk that hit my brother in law and my son is nasty, the vomiting is intense and at times it can be projectile vomiting, the worse pains in your gut and you havediarrhea. My brother in law had it so bad that he went to the hospital and they put 4 bags of IV in him. YOu can easily dehydrate.