Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Influenza?

Default Influenza?

Ive either got flu or a throat infection. My symptoms are aches, chills, headache, swollen glands in my throat, earache, very little voice (more like a whisper) & it hurts when I talk, massively sore throat, cough & now major n* & grumbling stomach. Ive slept in total about 20 minutes & Im trying to figure out how in Gods name Im supposed to go to work today. If it was any other time Id have no problem ringing in sick but since beginning of Dec Ive taken 9.5 days off with various issues. Im already in their bad books for my attendance & know I risk either not getting paid or worse still lose my job. Ive taken every medicine that I think may help all to no avail. Ive got 3 hours before work starts. I need a miracle

Default Re: Influenza?

Mucus? I have strep right now. It started Saturday night. I started out being extremely cold. I felt like I couldn't get warm. I was under two warm blankets and my boyfriend turned up the heat, but I still couldn't get warm. Then my head started to hurt and I thought I might be getting the cold my daughter had. But then I got body aches, especially my shoulders and neck, and took my temp. 101. I thought I was getting the flu. I took some ibuprofen and went to bed. Woke up and my fever had broken. But I still felt like total crap. And then my throat started to hurt. Just aching and aching. My temp went up again Sunday night, but only to 99.5. Same story Monday. My throat ached and by this point it really hurt to talk. I got the courage to go look at my throat in the mirror. I used a flashlight and looked inside. My tonsils were gigantic and full of white pussy nastiness. Annyway went to the dr this morning and it's definitely strep. You could definitely have strep. But it could also be the flu. Can you make an appointment with a dr before or after work?