Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default bathroom worries (TMI warning)

I've been feeling worried off and on all day. Last night, I made some spaghetti sauce with pasta and baked it in the oven. The hamburger meat was from last July, but it had been in the freezer. My family told me that's okay. The casserole wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It was pretty mushy. I had one helping and part of another. Early this morning, I went to the bathroom a couple times, and it was little but normal. I also had some gas. I felt kind of panicky. I took a Pepto tablet and a Phenargen. Soon after that, I felt better and slept on and off all day. I've now been up for a couple hours or so, and I ate a donut. At around 4:30 pm, I went to the bathroom. This time, it was loose, but so far not liquid. Maybe the donut got things going. This morning when I was feeling okay, I had a bunch of potato chips, and some hot pepper cheese as well as a few Pepperidge Farm cookies. Maybe that's what caused my loose bowels. I feel bummed out because my bowels had been okay for over a year. I hadn't had real loose bowels since Thanksgiving weekend in 2012. I hope I'm not in for more trouble. I haven't gone anywhere since Friday, so it's probably not a virus. However, I'm still worried because there have been times in the past where I'd forget to put the raw meat into the freezer or fridge until the next day. On those times, I'd throw the meat out. I'm sure that's not what happened with the meat I used for the casserole, but since I got it in July, I don't remember. I also didn't drain the fat off the meat, but it was 93% lean anyway. I don't want to go through loose bowel episodes again after I'd been okay for over a year. I hope I don't have any more episodes and that I stay well.

Susan

Default Re: bathroom worries (TMI warning)

Hey Susan, I'm thinking it's either a bit of anxiety over thinking about the meat you ate, or due to the potato chips and all. Those foods you ate are all processed, so your body may have just been rejecting them. Your parents are right about the meat. It should stay good as long as it's been frozen. I suppose it's possibly that it may have had some freezer burn depending on how well it was wrapped. That doesn't mean it was bad, but it may have helped to make the casserole mushy. Regardless though, you should be fine and it's normal to have occasional loose bowels. Happens to us all from time to time but it defintely is not indicitive as being an illness in and of itself. You'll be okay!

Also just to add, it's okay to put meat into the freezer a couple of days later. I live by the "3 day rule." I either eat it, freeze it or throw it out within 3 days. Speaking of which...I bought some chicken on Wednesday. I need to freeze it when I get home!

Default Re: bathroom worries (TMI warning)

I'm doing better now. My bowels got back to normal and I hope they stay normal. I am concerned about rebound diarrhea because I took 1 Imodium pill right after the loose bowels the other day. Today is the 13th anniversary of the last time I v-ed with the stomach virus. I'm worried that my luck may be running out because 13 years passed between the times I v-ed in November 1987 and January 2001. I hope I can go the rest of my life without v-ing.

Susan