Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I've been doing so well coping on my own, now having panic attack.

I've been doing so well coping on my own, but right now I just need some support because I feel like I'm having a breakdown. I had intestinal pains wake me up at 5am this morning, and there was severe nausea with it. I had just two Zofran pills left over from being sick a few months ago so I took one, managed to calm myself down and try to go back to sleep. But here I am, awake again at 8am going on 9 and the pains and nausea are back. I'll wind up taking the last Zofran soon, and though I haven't had to go to the bathroom yet I fear the worst. I'm shaking so bad I can barely type, and it's just not going away. I don't know if this is just an IBS flare up, or I caught something that's been going around. I just cannot get myself calmed down this time! Someone please talk to me!

Default Re: I've been doing so well coping on my own, now having panic attack.

Ouch! How are you feeling now? x
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

Poor you! I think lots of us with IBS get off days where our stomach's aren't right but it somehow feels different from usual IBS and then it's hard not to panic. Hopefully you're feeling better by now x

I'm not feeling that much better, really. I managed to get calmed down enough to nap on and off all day, but I still haven't used the bathroom. I feel like if I can just go and get whatever is causing the pain out I'll feel better. But at the same time I'm afraid it will cause even more nausea and I don't have any backup Zofran left. I just hope it goes away soon. Thanks for talking to me.

IBS really sucks. I often feel like I'd be better if I could use the bathroom but can't. Then all of a sudden I'll have dia maybe once or twice and feel miles better. And I can never believe how nauseous I feel just from needing the loo! On the upside it's been a while now and seeing as you've not had any dia or vomiting it's most likely not a virus!

It's most likely just IBS
    I get the same problems. Very scary and frustrating!

How are you feeling now dear?

I really feel for u girl it sounds like ur having an awful Time these last few days, I saw that u have posted a ton of times in the last few days or so , so I know ur anxiety must really be getting to you. I was curious, have u thought about seeing a councilor or therapist? Mayb entertaining the Idea of anxiety meds? I think it could really help u
    i hope u get to feeling better.
    Last edited by ashleysavage; 01-27-2014 at 05:53 AM.

Actually ashleysavage, this is one of my first few posts to this forum. I've actually been doing pretty well with my anxiety until recently; I don't know if it's nerves about an upcoming move or if it's just because this time of the year when viruses are going around. I'm feeling a little better today... still not perfect, but I've been afraid to eat anything solid and have been drinking water and teas. Hopefully it goes away soon.

You need to understand that all of us still experience anxiety from time to time. I got off my pills about 5 months ago, I still panic and get anxious. But the difference between then and now is that I know myself a lot better, and can pick up and dust it off quicker. Distraction is a very good habit to get into during these anxious moments.

I would stay away from the teas. Even that tiny bit of caffeine can (for me at least) make anxiety worse.
    I would stick to water and foods.
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Oh no, I don't drink anything with caffeine. All my teas are herbal teas, like peppermint and other Celestial Seasonings teas. I've learned caffeine is a trigger when it comes to IBS flare ups, so I avoid it like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastANZAC View Post
    I would stay away from the teas. Even that tiny bit of caffeine can (for me at least) make anxiety worse.
    I would stick to water and foods.