Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I swear...everytime I start watching a tv show someone always ends up V*. I am a big fan of reality tv shows, but I swear every single episode there is someone who V*. I dont understand why they are aloud to show that on TV?

I cant even relax to watch tv anymore b.c. of this. Does anyone else think that they shouldnt show this? I just dont understand it. People cant possibly like to watch other people V*!!! I absolutely HATE IT!!!

IT makes this phobia so much more worse for me!! I cannot hear or see that or it makes me get very nauseated . I have to leave the room when it happens. And its so weird...b.c. even before they get sick on tv and V* I just get this feeling that they are going to. ARGH!

I wish I could complain to the FCC about that!
    *Mandi*

Oh, I agree! I stopped watching ER because of it.

I do, though, love The Amazing Race. I love that show so much I will watch it despite the v* (there is usually one task each season that puts somebody over the edge and they feel compelled to show it).

If anyone here really likes this show and tapes it to watch later, I'd be happy to give a v* warning. Let me know! In fact, I was going to post something like this when I came here today and then saw your post Mandi

Other than that, there aren't any shows that are worth that and I don't watch a whole lot of TV (well, if you don't count NickJr. during the day LOL!!!!). So I can't be a scout for any other shows
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Hi Paula! I watch the Amazing Race too! I got so upset watching the first episode yesterday though when some guy V*!

ITape these shows! I wish they would warn you about it at the very begining, you know?
    *Mandi*

OMgosh I totally missed that part. Who was it?

Do you want me to PM you with v* warnings next week? LOL

I forget what their names were. ButI do know it was the group that were all Siblings. 3 brothers and 1 sister. They were from Ohio. They were pulling that Amish Buggy and were getting all hot and tired. And the guy said "I think im going to P*" And sure enough he did! IT happend so fast I had to look the other way and plug my ears!

You can warn me only if you have time to! I dont want you to go out of your way! Thanks for asking though
    *Mandi*

Playing devil's advocate here...

Yes, I agree there is tooo much vomit on television that is for sure. I cannot fathom why they feel the need to show so much of it, or incorporate it into their shows. However, I think it's our problem, not theirs. Most people aren't bothered by it at all, and even find it amusing. I think on reality t.v. it has it's place because it is showing how badly something affects the people. I think there are far much worse things on television as far as from a broader look at society. So, even though I know where you are coming from as far as disliking it, I think it's kind of unrealistic to think it should be censored. Know what I mean?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hey! Amazing Race watchers!! I know the Bransen family on there!!! I work with the mom!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Harmonygirl (is it Mary?), are they the ones that are the dad and daughters? Two of them go to Hope College? My cousin and his wife graduated from Hope. Do you know who won? DON'T TELL ME! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi..is it Paula? Yep, I am Mary. And, yes, it's the dad and three daughters. I work with the mom. She's a special ed teacher at my school. I did not even know what college they went to. Where is Hope? I have no clue who won...even their mom doesn't know! I was bawling at the end on Tuesday, though, when the family got eliminated!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."