Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Norovirus and Zofran

I'm a sophomore in college, and my campus doctor just sent out an email saying that the norovirus is going around and that everyone should be extra cautious. I know that this is very common this time of year, but it's worse on college campuses because everyone is so closely packed and stuff. I have been washing my hands all of the time, especially before I eat and after going to the bathroom. I've been trying to cook my own food every night because I am afraid of who might have touched the dining hall food. Sometimes I'll eat it if I know it was cooked and immediately given to me. Anyway, does anyone have any other tips for avoiding the norovirus or getting sick in general on a college campus?

Also, I have been taking Zofran (the anti-emetic) a lot recently because my fear is so severe. I know this dependence isn't good, but sometimes it feels it is my only way to prevent losing my mind. How bad is it to take Zofran often?

Default Re: Norovirus and Zofran

Well I think that prevention on campus is the same as prevention any where else. Just keep your hands washed, don't use public restrooms. In japan we all wear masks to prevent illness. Even the common cold. If we have a cold we wear a mask and even if we don't we still wear masks just in case someone else is not wearing one. Also, I take grape seed extract. Scientifically they have found that it is the only thing that can deform the norovirus and prevent it from multiplying and infecting you. I don't know if this was the reason or if I was just lucky but my son got a little touch of noro this year. I was taking the grape seed extract already because I had heard it was going around in epidemic proportions. I did not catch it from my son. He is only 4 so I had to clean him up and wash his linens. I was waaaaayyyyy exposed! They sell GSE at GNC. Get some! And good luck to you!