Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default OT-So done with winter...

Venting time...and not about sickness...
    This winter has been absolute hell. I cannot recall such a miserable winter in my lifetime. It was -4F this morning. It has been in the single digits, zero, and well below zero the majority of this month. It has snowed more days than not. Our average winter temperature here is 40F, just to give an idea. Snow is here and there, maybe one or two snowstorms. Oh no, not this winter. We have had one after another. It hit 25F in the sun today and I actually thought it didn't feel so bad with that sun out...yeah. I am so over this and am thinking Florida looks nicer and nicer everyday. I am so done with shoveling snow, throwing out salt, scraping ice and snow off my car, my car doors being frozen shut, bundling up like a snowbeast and all that shit. Spring better come early before we all crack here.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Default Re: OT-So done with winter...

I completely understand, but I'm having the opposite problem. It's SO hot here at the moment, and the heat just depresses me so much. I love Australian winters because they're so mild and lovely.

Stick it out, it can't last forever, that's what I tell myself in summer!
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Me, too, Dairyfree. I just want to open my windows, plant my garden and spend time in my yard instead of couped up inside all the time. I'm even looking forward to mowing the yard again. Oh well, I have a lot of painting to do inside anyway. Sigh.

It has been cold and snowy. No take it back, not cold, but fing cold. We are competing with all time records here for snowfall. I want spring, but spring brings tornadoes.

Kick emets a....

We've had nothing but unseasonably warm weather. Our average is 40 as well, but it's been 65. The local mountain that everyone skis will not be opening this year. We haven't had nearly enough rain, or mountain snow pack. It's gonna be one hell of a summer.

Scotland has been rainy and mild every day for months! I miss frosty mornings and blue sky and having a reason to wrap up warm. I bought an awesome hat and gloves in November and haven't worn them once! But if it was cold I'd probs be moaning about having to defrost my car so I guess I'm just never happy lol!

This year makes me glad I live in Washington, it's not exactly warm but nowhere near as cold as a lot of the country is. But like Maybebaby said our mountains have barley gotten any snow

break for a day...it is 63 outside. Total bliss. i love it. Calling for snow again by Monday, so I am totally loving this glorious break. However, day temps won't be below freezing again until next weekend when it will be 30F. So far, looks February is giving us a much needed relief from the arctic airs. Hoping the groundhog predicts an early spring.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream