Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Overwhelmed

Default Overwhelmed

I just joined the forum today but I am feeling SO overwhelmed. My phobia has been hiding in my life since I was little but last year some events sparked something in it and now it is blazing and messing up my life! Just today I have admitted that I do have this phobia and it is relieving but also stressful and a little sad. I want to be normal): And what if I can't overcome this? How do I even begin to overcome this? I am excited to try everything I can to beat this but just really scared and not confident that it's possible. Is it?

Default Re: Overwhelmed

Hello. Welcome to this forum. A lot of people say turn away now, because what people write on here sometimes is very triggering to anxiety. I have to agree. This time of year makes us all a little crazy and even more anxious then usual. How you overcome, or even begin to is going to be on yourself. What you seek out, what you find to relax. One thing I can say for sure, is you need the confidence. Otherwise, it goes in one ear and out the other.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

I feel the same I joined a few days ago.
    Yes it is possible! I'm 20 this year but I had this when I was 10-11.. I had CBT counselling & it went away I was normal again!!
    something sparked it off again last year summer time and it's upset me so much but it's different this time as it involves eating & other things. So it's been tougher for me.
    However this is just my experience!! Does not mean it will happen to everyone.
    So you never know CBT counselling may work for you & you will be cured.
    Need someone to talk to feel free! I am going through a really tough time at the moment so will deffo understand!

Welcome to you both. It's a miserable affliction, this stupid phobia. Two things that have made a significant impact on how I experience it were Firstly to know that we haven't brought the phobia on ourselves. As my doctor friend puts it, a phobia is just like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It is just a persons response to a frightening experience. Secondly, as soon as I told those close to me that I had Emet, and then stressed to them the levl of my fear, I finally felt comforted and understood. This place may get you anxious from time to time but it mostly makes you feel less alone and it can also be a fantastic rescourde. So again, welcome to the family. You're not alone!;-)
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch