Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anxiety worse after an episode!

Hi everyone, I'm Alyssa and new to this site! I've had emetophobia for about 8 years, the past 7 years haven't been bad at all, I get anxiety but easily deal with it. Just recently I contracted a sv and since then I can't even leave my house. I barely eat, or even shower because I'm scared ill v* in the shower. I know it's weird but I'm stuck. Anyone else go through something similar, I'm starting to feel kind of crazy??

Default Re: Anxiety worse after an episode!

Yeah I know what you mean by feeling like your going crazy... I'm on medication, I've done hypnotherapy and I am currently trying emdr which is a different type of therapy and I still feel out of control. I am sorry to hear your having such an awful time. Sometimes it just helps to "be here" with the rest of us crazys!

Default Re: Anxiety worse after an episode!

Hey! Welcome to the site Hope you find great support on here. I feel very similar to you especially about the shower - think it's because a university roommate of mine was sick in the shower once years and years ago but of course it's stuck in my stupid emet brain! I wasn't even there when it happened lol! Have you spoken to your doc about your fears? They can offer advice on meds and treatments x