Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: vomite phobia

I have a vomite phobia. and find it hard to go place's...
    It haunts me everyday of my life..everywhere i go...everthing i do...
    i know its not a thing that happends everyday that i see everyday...
    its different to one such as a spider phobia...as im more likely to see a spider than a person being sick...
    but it still affects me the same...
    i have a pannic attack when i see/hear a person vomiting...i scream i cry and i run as fast as i can to get away from it...
    it spoilt my childhood and school days...as we all know that little kids are usually sick...and it happend alot at my school...even in secondary school...
    i got picked on and bullyed alot because of it...and that has made me weary aroung meeting new people...just how they wud react..
    the last boyfriend i had...when i told him about it, when i felt comfortable enough to tell him...he laughed. he laughed at me...he made me feel so low...so ashamed of myself...and after then i couldnt feel that same way about him...i could no longet feel comfortable around him.
    I dont have many friends. and the ones i did have didnt understand. Zoe a friend i have now doenst understand either...she jokes and laughs...but she doesnt know how it feels...
    living in fear every day of your life..
    now that im older i thought it would have gone...or got better...i have had it ever since i can remember...but its grown and got worse as i got older.
    Its got to the point where i dont even like me been sick...i didnt mind it...well i didnt like it but it didnt make me have a pannic attac...but now, now it does. i start to panic when ever i begin to feel ill. which makes me feel worse...
    i dont like pubs and i dont like been out and about at night time...
    I have had "help" with it...but it didnt help at all. nothing seems to make it any better.

Roxy, you will find a lot of great support here at this site. You should check out the treatment part of this site, there are great things there to print out and bring to your doctor, explaining emet and how it works etc. You should also try to find a doctor who you like and who will listen to you. That may help a bit. As for people not understanding, I know it hurts when they would laugh at you, but they trully don't understand. I found that by showing my friends this site it helps them understand that there are a lot of other people out there who have this problem and it's not just something that you made up. They may never fully understand but at least they have a little more info on the area and they might not be so cruel to you by laughing. Remember, you will always find support and friendship here on this site whenever you need it.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

welcome roxy youll fit in great here
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Welcome Roxy!

We ALL understand what you're going through! I'm sure you've noticed by now all of the un-canny similarities between us all Since joining this site, i've found actual comfort and even some peace, knowing how many people share this same tormenting phobia, and that i'm not a freak of nature after all!! Like most of us on here, i thought i was pretty much alone!!

Very often, i pray for everyone on here who has to live with this! Some added prayers wouldn't hurt, guys!!

God bless you Roxy

Paula
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

I know exactly how you feel. I used to be okay with myself getting sick I mean I didn't like it but then all of a sudden I gained this MASSIVE fear of getting sick myself. Every morning I wonder "Is today the day?" Welcome to the site! I hope you find comfort here!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Roxy, welcome! I'm new here myself and I'm so glad that I found this forum.
    It's really comforting to know that there are so many others suffering from
    this phobia. It really does control my life and I hate telling others about this
    phobia because they just don't understand.

Thanx guys

its nice to know im not alone...i always thought i was...and i always cursed god for giving me this...but its comforting to know that im not alone...that there is other people out there just like me

I may go bak to the docs to seek help...

thanx again guys

you are such nice people

hey, i really feel bad for you.. as i am almost exactly the same, i hate going out, meeting new people, and i constantly feel like i'm missing out on having fun...

last week, i bought some 'Mimulus - Bach flower remedy' and i would really recommend it. it stops anxiety and is actually for helping a fear of vomitting. you put a couple of drops into a glass of water.. and just drink it like normal, it doesn't taste of anything when it's mixed with water. whenever i feel n* i have some, and it has definately helped me. you can buy it from Holland and Barretts.

you should try it..

georgie x
    *Hold on to what you love, live for what you know, take everything you dream of, and never let it go*