Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default headed to a friends for dinner and freaking

Omg my friend invited us my husband and I over for dinner. She lives like 30 mind away and I am freaking out. We have been planning this for 2 weeks. I'm a great planner but not a great doer I need help. I am n and panicking. I think I should just go home
    Twitter: pirateprincess4
    Yahoo: pirateprincess2404
    Facebook: Erin Johnson

Default Re: headed to a friends for dinner and freaking

I'm the same. I plan things when I'm feeling fine then wish I hadn't on the day. But I usually try my hardest to stick with it, I'm never sick and you get a great sense of achievement afterwards. Try breaking it down into little bits. Tell yourself you'll stay for 15 minutes and then see how you feel and keep adding to the time. Get into the conversation or help with dinner prep to take your mind off it! I hope you decide to stay and enjoy your evening! x

Default Re: headed to a friends for dinner and freaking

What KLM said covered it beautifully. Both of you do better than I do. I plan, I completely intend on following through and pull out at the last minute. But you're right, when I 'postpone'(cancel) I despise myself for being weak and when, for whatever reason I actually do it Im so proud. When my husband found out I was afraid to go out he began making a point of taking me on little short exciting trips like getting icecrems and going up the top of the highest lookout or going shopping for something I wish I had and it's made it a little less scary. Especially since if I suddenly need to be home, he holds me and tells me nice things and simply takes me home. Still feel like a dweeb for being frightened in the first place. :-(
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch