Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What do you think it was/is? Please help!

Well, the last few days I have been feeling unwell. I put it down to my new Yasmin pills.
    But Dad said he woke up this morning feeling very sick, like he was going to v*. But he didn't, and felt better near lunch.

I have been taking ginger tablets, and they have been working reasonably well.

But now I'm panicking, could Dad and I have gotten Noro? We had it this time last year, so maybe I didn't get it as bad because of that?
    I'm too scared to sleep tonight

Am I going to v*? I don't feel too bad now, but I'm worrying myself again.
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Default Re: What do you think it was/is? Please help!

No one can tell you the future - but the only ONLY thing you can do , is sleep. When you sleep you are not anxious. Anxiety makes you ill and makes you feel ill. Which in return makes you panic. its a violent loop.
    Noro Is not always what people think - you can get it just D* or a little v* or alot of both, it depends. Us emets tend to think worst case scenario, but we have just as much chance if not MORE due to hygeine of not getting it or getting it lightly.
    Your dad didnt v* so if you get what he had neither will you! WILL POWER IMMUNE POWER UNITE!
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

I agree. Try to sleep. When I get really worked up I take a benedryl and its enough to make me calm enough to fall asleep. My in laws got sick, one with V an one with out. I had all the same symptoms but no fever, or V. It COULD of been... but if its been hours since starting, it seems your in the clear from V. I think that would happen right away.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Thank you both
    The sick feeling hasn't really gone away, so I am still holding the Yasmin accountable. Went back to the doctors and told them I wasn't going to take them anymore. Was given some anti-v* meds (which I am too scared to take) and some temporary anxiety drugs while the nausea goes away.
    Please visit my progress blog:

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare