Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: County Fair

Our big county fair started yesterday and I'm so excited. Me and a few ladies I work with went to eat lunch out there today. Hubby and I are going tomorrow evening. I just hope that there are no emet moments while we're there. I try to stay away from the rides, but sometimes you can't always avoid them. I know I have seen *v* there a few times in the past. In fact, that's probably the public place I have seen it most in my life time. I'm shocked that I still love to go there! Hubby actually got food poisoning there 2 years ago, so I only eat "safe" foods like roasted corn, vinegar fries, and funnel cakes. The weather here has gotten much cooler today, so it is perfect fair weather.

Does anyone else get to experience a county fair or similar carnival? And, if so, have you encountered *v* there?

Jess

There is always v* at fairs. It's not always just near the rides. It's usually all over because of the food. I hope you have good time, but I would really watch the food. You can get food poisoning so easliy. Have a great time.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Oh Jess......yes the fair...it always mean V....at least that has been my experience....I haven't been in so many years though...i think back in High School was the last time I actually went.....I love to go...but usually try to avoid it if I can....i need to take my boys...they would love it...but then they would want to ride everything and then I would freak out. But I love the cool weather...thinking about fall and Halloween...but then I think about the cold dark wet damp winter to come....yuck....i love snow...but that's about it.....K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I've been to six carnivals/fairs this year and have never seen any v* there. Noep, not even once. And I was by the rides most of the time too! Jesskali, you should have absolutely nothing to worry about, especially since you don't even go by the rides. Just go and have fun, and don't think about it!

Yep, i've had the same experiences that you have. I love fairs too, but sometimes i get anxiety while i'm there, and i don't even need to see v*, i don't know why it happens, but it does. I just try to fight my fears and go cuz i wanna have a good time!! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but not letting the fear WIN, is what's important...as hard as that may be!

ENJOY!

Paula
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Oh my god Jess, been there last weekend. Tyler, his friend and I went to the fair. As we were walking to the fair Tyler asked his friend if he brought his barf bag!!! I thought oh christ.[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] And sure enough he did. They went on a ride where you turn the sucker and you spin, well they get off Tyler is laughing having a grand time and theres his friend white as a ghost. We sat down for a bit and I told them that I am going inside to check out the displays. I come back and they are sitting there having a pop. Tyler says to his friend are you reading to go on the salt and pepper shaker and he said ok. Well 2 spins around and his friend was sick, the guy stopped the ride. We came back to my place the kid cleaned himself up and was fine. That is my first experience ever of seeing someone sick at the fair.
    What got me the most is the kid didn't think anything of it. There were people waiting for the ride and you could hear the oh gross and oh s***. Tyler asked him why didn't you bring out the bag and he said I didn't have time.
    Think of TYler, the kid is sitting with him on a ride in a cage, didn't bother him one bit. I was telling my friend about it and I said oh god if I on that ride (which I wouldn't be) I would be freaking and my friend said what would you do? I said freak out!! Yeah he said but you couldn't get out until the ride stopped. I would be kicking at the cage anything to get out as soon as possible. But yeah I would be caught on the ride until it came to a full stop.

Haha oh my god that story is funny and horribly disgusting.

I have a similar one from a festival I went to once. It wasn't even one
    where they had rides other then like hay rides. They did however have a
    biscuit eating contest. I was about 15 feet away and thankfully the
    crowd obsucured my view completely. The judge did like make
    various comments over the microphone though like "you're looking a
    little green" and this was while my parents bought some biscuits with
    honey and tried to get us to try them. This wasn't even during a time
    when my emet was bad, but they expected me eat with that going on the
    background?

Later on though afterward when we were in the crowd one of the guys
    from the contest came up to us and was chatting about not needing to
    see any more food because he just ate such and such number of biscuits
    and he had like particles and stuff in his beard. I was 13 at the time
    and already an inch taller then my mom but I hid behind her like I was
    4! hehe, pathetic huh?

Your boy Tyler sure is brave, but I guess it's a good thing. Atleast
    this way you don't have to worry about him having to live with emet
    like you do.

Edited by: chicajojobe

Well, we went Saturday night and had a great time! Didn't see any *v* at all, although we didn't walk near the rides. There were 2 new rides there which I'm sure causes many people to *v*. We weren't anywhere near them, but I was constantly looking at them expecting to see *v* at anytime, but I didn't. It's like I almost couldn't take my eyes off them, although I would have totally freaked if that had happened. I was constantly looking for IT! But, we had a great time and I'm actually going back tonight with some of my family. My nephew enjoys riding the spinning rides, so I hope he doesn't get sick.

Jess

I am glad everything went great for you Jess!!!

Well--I guess I spoke too soon. We went back to the fair on Saturday night (the last night it was in town) and I seen IT! We were trying to find a place to sit down to watch a show and my husband said "Do you want to sit there?" I looked down and there IT was on the bleachers--he didn't even notice it. I was immediately grossed out and could hardly get it out of my mind the rest of the evening. There were other people sitting near it who acted like it wasn't even there. Then I noticed other people who were going to sit there until they seen IT. Then they just started laughing. No one came and cleaned it up and when we went by 2 hours later, it was still there. I made the comment to my husband that people were just acting like it was no big deal and he said "Well it isn't a big deal to normal people--it's just *v*"

It was so nasty and I hope I don't have to see it again for a long time!

Jess

Oh man Jess...that had to suck for you!!! It probably would have ruined my evening too though....it's weird how sometimes i think about it constantly and other times...i could care less...who knows...but at least you got to enjoy most of the fair V free!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"