Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default newbie and having a panic attack :/

Hello everyone my name is Lucy, I'm 21 and for the past 10 years been v free until Monday ! I work in a hospital and apparently something was "going around" (why is something always going around!?) I'm a cleaner and have to clean toilets which you can all imagine scares the life out of me anyway but for the past year in this job I've been fine. Long and short is I caught the sv and had it Monday, I'm fine now but I won't let myself eat anything other than bread, but now my bf has caught it off me.. is it possible he could give it back to me if I take care of him? I'm laying on my bed right now with severe anxiety chest pain and shallow breathing just thinking about it... and I have to go and clean the hospital today which made me like it in the first place (!!

Default Re: newbie and having a panic attack :/

How are you feeling now, Lucy?

I don't know if you're better but rest assured you cannot contract the same strain of virus your immune system previously vanquished, because now there are antibodies in your system that are resilient to it. Hope you're doing well!