Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help. Panick Attacks caused by emetophobia

I know that after this is over, I'm not gonna be in the same situation but I want to capture how severely bad I feel. I feel extreemely s* right now and I think I'd rather die than continue to put up with this. It's been hmgoing for hours and I need it to stop.

Does anyone have any tecnhniquies for calming down and stopping it? Please do not say anything that might but considered a trigger. Thanks..

Default Re: Help. Panick Attacks caused by emetophobia

In having a very bad anxiety attack right now and I could do with some help

How are you feeling now? Sorry you havent gotten a reply yet.

Try keeping yourself occupied, with a movie, a game, something you like to do. Drink small sips of cold water and try and control your breathing. Maybe go for a walk in the fresh air? Maybe take a bath and listen to some music, read a book, play games on your phone?

Hope you are feeling better by now. Xx
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

Unfortunately, it's around 4am here and the amount I can do is l limited.. and no I'm not feeling better.

Right now I just want to be able to sleep

Hey Dillan. How you doing man?. It's midnight here and I need to sleep but will check back in the morning. X
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

It's now morning and I was eventually able to sleep but I still feel bad even once I've woken up. This has happened several times. I wasn't able to explain it well last night but when I feel a little nauseous, a lot of the time I spiral into a huge anxiety attack and spend the rest of the night trying not to throw up. (Even though I haven't for years.)

Right now I feel a little better but it will only go away once I am up and distracting myself.

Sorry I just saw this - cover one nostril and breathe through the other, in one and out the other, 7 secconds each. It lowers anxiety. Also dark chocolate or slurp honey helps lower anxiety levels..
    So sorry you feel like this. We all have those days.
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

I'm alright now but that was by far the worse attack I've had I think. Thanks for the tip Maddie, breathing excersizes usually don't work for me but maybe I'm just not calming down enough to concentrate on it. Or maybe the other way around.