Hi Everyone,

Could you all help me out here? My son will be 12 next month and he is entering the pre-teen, needs-to-be-cool, knows everything stage. I am just struggling trying to figure him out. He is just in his own world, moans and groans about anything we ask him to do, won't hug me, just a different kid than even last summer. He also grew about 4 inches since the summer. I realize part of this is normal growing up and being independent, but I almost feel offended when he just doesn't want or need me. Also, we live in CT where it's been freezing and all these boys go out with sweatshirts, no jackets, nothing!!! It's crazy...and if I tell him to put his jacket on, I get, "I'm fine!!"

And the way this ties into emet is the fact that he is EATING US out of HOUSE and HOME!! I get sooooo nervous when he wants 3 snacks after dinner. I've raised both kids to eat mostly healthy, and now he is just eating whatever he wants and how much he wants. I feel like I'm losing control with him. I probably controlled their eating too much because if this fear, but I am sooo afraid he will get sick when he eats that much. He might have once (who knows what it was). And I compare him to me and think if I ate all that I would get sick so how is he doing it? I know he is growing like crazy and very active and you can't compare a 12 year old boy to a 43 year old woman. It's all irrational but I can't help thinking all these things. What do you all do with your sons? Sorry if I'm rambling....thank you!