Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

people and v*ing in shops lately?[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I know a few of you have had icky encounters in Walmart just lately, well I had one of my own on Thursday. I was out shopping with one of my friends, he'd gone off to look at something in the store and I was trying to make the mammoth decision ofwhich shampoo to buy. Then one of the assistants came chatting next to me to another one, she started with "Why do these things always happen to me..." then went on to say that she was just serving a man and smack bang in the middle of the transaction he said, "I'm gonna be sick" and then just did it there and then all over. She went into graphic details about it all which I won't repeat, well, I just wanted to flee the store! I found my friend, told him about it, so he went and checked out the situation and told me which checkout not to use and that I need not worry about seeing anything as somebody was clearing things up. Bless him he really looked out for me - he's a fab buddy, the best!

Got me thinking about why I had to be right there when the assistant was talking about things and how unlucky I was, but then I thought about it some more and realised, that really I was quite lucky as I could have been standing in line with this man as he did it. Now that I could not have coped with [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] My gawd and fancy being that poor assistant... thank goodness she wasn't an emet!

Tracey

.•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I have heard that a lot of the stuff that's going around these days comes on like NOW, so I don't think some of these people realize they are sick when they actually get sick, know what I mean?

Interestingly, I was in Wally World the other evening when a woman aproached the checkout lady who was ringing me. The customer started complaining about the disgusting bathrooms and the stuff that happened to be in there and I just had to laugh to myself and think.."at least they made it to the bathroom".. You would have though that by now my political stance on Wal Mart's corruptness coupled with the constant Wal Mart/vomit stories I would have stopped going there... The freaking "low..low" prices keep me coming back.. Arghh!
    \"This too shall pass\"

The solution: Don't shop at wal mart. You're ruining your country by shopping there anyway.

what a horrible night to have a curse.

That's quite scary, shiva, about things going round that make you ill all of a sudden- that would be my worst nightmare suddenly getting ill in public. I can just about cope with v*ing at home (so long as no ones sees or hears me!), but to just suddenly feel like doing it whilst I was out and about, that really would finish me off [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] Brrrr, doesn't bare thinking about. I think these people who do seem to suddenly get sickperhaps get small signs like stomach twinges, but just ignore them, whereasus emets are onred-alert at the slightest unusual feeling in our tums, so would maybe be more prepared! Hope so anyway...
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

You are most likely right. I am sure thatbeing emetophobic we would probably have some kind of sign that something was not quite right, giving us time to get to our safe place. I worry most about being on the road with my daughter and having itcome on like that with her.

Oh well.. I guess there's nothing we can do about it, huh? Can't get rid of viruses.. ( damnit! ) I just make sure that I am as healthy otherwise as I can possibly be. I cut down on sugar a lot for myself and my family because it hinders the immune system. We all take vitamins, get the best rest we can, get some excercise and drink lots of water. We wash our hands, take pro-biotics and I put us all on a 10 day on and 10 day off echinacea dose. I just try to tell myself that if it's meant to happen, it will happen and try to learn from the experience when it does. It doesn't always work out that way. For instance, last night my fiance had an upset stomach. I tried to not have anxiety, but I was tired and worried because I had been kissing on him previously. The anxiety got the best of me a couple of times, which was disapointing, but I managed to get rest. (of course I slept on the couch). However, if he would have been actually vomiting, I have no idea how I would have reacted. I try to not be too hard on myself, however, I do expect progress from myself with this thing as well. I dunno... Sorry about the rant.

I just wish people didn't vomit That would take care of everything. We would probably have to still be afraid of something though, huh?
    \"This too shall pass\"