Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default i hope i'm not asking too much here.

my fear recently came back and hit me like a train. i lost about 10 pounds within a couple weeks because of how terrified i was of eating. i've gotten a bit better but there are so many factors that keep me from living clearly. i cannot eat at certain times, or even be down with my family because of certain places where they stay. and now sleeping is becoming an issue. i've been surviving mostly by taking constant baths during the day to keep me relaxed, however i don't know how much longer my family is willing to put up with them. i really just want to get better. is there any kind of thing that i can do? whether it's good foods to eat that are good for you, or medicine i can take to help me fall asleep?

Default Re: i hope i'm not asking too much here.

Have you ever tried meds? I would talk to your doctor about it and see what they recommend.

i would really like to see if there is any way i could, but a big problem with that is i'm terrified of taking new medication.

A nice natural remedie is - bach remedies rescue remedie and rescue remedie night.
    Online order..
    I use them and they are like flowers or rock minerals or something like that and it works wonders for me! Worth giving it a go..

Sorry to hear that your phobia came back so badly Try whatever you can think of to stop it in its tracks - off medication I mean...Therapy perhaps?
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

Rescue remedy is good if you take it before you're full blown panicking. Much after that and it's like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound, it's just not enough.

Learning to rationalise your panic is a good tool. Why am I panicking? What's the worst outcome of this situation? Is it really as bad as I'm perceiving? That was the most useful tool for me.

Distraction is great too. Learn what keeps your brain active, and focused on little things that aren't your panic and fear