Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Husband has it

Default Husband has it

Last night we all went out for chinese buffet. This morning my husband came home early from work just as i was leaving, he had diarrhea and was nauseous. I kept texting with him through the day, and he finally v* around 4:30. I havent really seen him since the morning.,. I came home to get my son off the bus then went to my mothers house, and Ive been here since. Idk where he picked this up.. one of the kids usually brings it home first... so naturally now im scared out of my wits that one of us is next (me or my two kids)... Any input? Can we have been exposed to this before he came down with symptoms?

Default Re: Husband has it

If he's only been in one area of the house just clean that well. Bleach the bathroom he was sick in, door handles, remotes, ect. A wash all of the bedding and clothes he had on high. My bf had it last year and I never ended up sixk

I will bleach it tomorrow. My kids and I are staying at my mothers house tonight. Just worried if we were exposed before he had symptoms. Our house isnt very big.. a 3 bedroom cape..

From what I've read he isn't contagious until he shows symptoms. Lucky you guys have somewhere to stay

No, people are contagious once they start to show symptoms. You guys are totally safe. If you were exposed at the same time you'd be showing symptoms by now. Maybe something at the buffet was 'off'? Clean down the area tomorrow and try not to worry. The chance of anyone else coming down with it is really, really slim.