Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Think this is it....

Ok so thought I was having an ok few days I was sleeping (sort of) and wasn't really that worried trying to work on this new thing of not freaking out when I get a twinge of pain.
    But I'm not doing well AT ALL tonight and I think this time going to v* if I just let myself relax long enough.
    so before I came to bed I found out 2 people I was in contact with on Sunday have come down with s* on Sunday night into Monday. So now guess who thinks they are going to get it do you think their is any chance? I'm had one loose but not that loose stool?
    then I came to bed having not really eaten tea and fell asleep but woke up as I was coming round felt this strong like urge almost like just before you retch it was awful I swallowed lots and it went away but now of course I'm sat freaking out that I'm going to be sick and it's just a matter of time. I feel kind of edgy in my tummy. I haven't got any tummy pains though. Does this sound like reflux?? Any help or reassurance would be great

Default Re: Think this is it....

I should add I've taken the maximum I can of my anti emetic tablets and they don't seem to be having any effect I just feel like this lumpy feeling in my throat. Sooooo scared

Come to the chat room, Jessica. Click here: http://tinyurl.com/nr2a93s The password is peptob.
    Last edited by gumdropper1; 01-24-2015 at 03:41 PM.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How are you feeling now dear? Did it end up happening?
    Please visit my progress blog:

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Hey no it didn't I think it was in the end anxiety after all I ate was large bowl of popcorn and some salad. I guess my anxiety is heightened because of this exposure again. But I never got it before I guess. I'm just scared and going to find it hard to eat this next few days x x

Well, I think usually the incubation period is 24-48hrs (usually)
    So if it's been longer than that, I'd say that it's just anxiety

Tell me about it, I feel queasy, probably because we have a long car trip tomorrow and I'm freaking out because I already feel sick, but I don't even want to eat. Even though I am starving, the more I think about food the more I worry it'll make me worse
    Please visit my progress blog:

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare