Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry I hate sick people!

I was doing everything possible to avoid being sick, sick in general, but I still get sick! I didn't vomit thank god, but if my diarrhea, upset stomach and malaise doesn't stop soon, I'll end up abusing my promethazine again!

Why don't people understand how to limit the spread of infection??? When I'm sick, I STILL take measures to prevent me from spreading it! I have Flu Masks, Hand Sanitizer; I wash my hands after using the bathroom; I cover my mouth when I sneeze or cough... Why don't others! Respect isn't universal! I should forget about others well being and spread my sickness on purpose! Everytime I'm sick, my emetophobia takes GIANT leaps in the wrong direction!

I'm DEF sick and this isn't anxiety sickness.

Default Re: I hate sick people!

Of course I vomit after writing this. Wow, whatever. I wish people would just try to take little steps in prevent the spread of the illness. People can't avoid getting sick completely, and I'm not talking about them, but the people who don't cover their mouth when they sneeze, cough... don't wash their hands etc... now I have to be anxious all night to see if it happens again. I'm so done.

I'm sorry , how are you feeling now?

Hey honey, just came across your thread. How are you doing?
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Hate the illness, not the people who have it. No matter how careful people are they can still sometimes get sick. I hope you feel better soon.

You reap what you sow. What your put out there will come back to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    You reap what you sow. What your put out there will come back to you.
    Very apt advice Hate the illness, but hating the sick people is a bit much.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So hard when it's in your home. Are you okay, I'm a little concerned you haven't posted again......

Facebook Donna Mutch

We've all been there. Hope you feel better soon. Make sure to get rest and all that.

Hey, how are you??

Sorry. Was in hospital for 5 days. Fainted the next morning. Had an infection and was dehydrated. Was norovirus, but the virus weakened system enough that infection was worse (or the otherway around. I don't care). Treated me there knew I wasn't doing it at home. Worst days ever. Reminded me of my young days. Wanted me a few more days, but I left.

Didn't mean all sick people. Read second comment I said to clarify.

So relieved you're okay. Hope you're doing alright now. Go easy for a few weeks and take probiotics and vitamins. Keep us posted on how you're doing. X

Facebook Donna Mutch

whew. that sounds intense. fainting is one of the scariest things. im glad you're ok--you must be on the mend now. as mamafear said, just take care of yourself and treat your body well.

That sounds awful, glad you are starting to get back to normal.

I try to avoid sick people, I really don't like them.
    "Free speech is like money, some just have a lot more of it than others"

Formerly GuitarFreak

I'm probably going to hear it for this, but as a person with a chronic illness, I find hating sick people offensive. Sickness is not a choice. Everyone gets sick even people who live in plastic bubbles. Even as careful as you are, you got it. And you probably gave it to someone else. Noro is a very temporary illness. In a few days, the person who had noro is a totally healthy person. You can hate noro and everything about it, but don't hate the people who have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    I'm probably going to hear it for this, but as a person with a chronic illness, I find hating sick people offensive. Sickness is not a choice. Everyone gets sick even people who live in plastic bubbles. Even as careful as you are, you got it. And you probably gave it to someone else. Noro is a very temporary illness. In a few days, the person who had noro is a totally healthy person. You can hate noro and everything about it, but don't hate the people who have it.
    Agreed. Well said

I agree that SoVerySorry misspoke in her first post but she did clarify in the second one that she means people who don't wash their hands etc. I genuinely don't think she meant any harm.

I can totally see your frustration in this. I see people do the GROSSEST stuff in public without a care in the world for the things they be ingesting or leaving behind for others to pick up. It's maddening, especially since the prevention is so simple.

Maybe you get sick so often and easily is for an underlying reason? Maybe an immune deficiency and/or poor diet? There are also some studies that say that certain blood types are very susceptible to the virus. Might be something to chat with the doctor about. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Let's freak out together. My Skype is always available to those who need someone to talk to! My username is SnugglePuff78.

Clarified second comment. Hope I didn't spread it. Still took precautions to not spread it. If I spread it, nosocomial infection. Sorry for disrespect.

Sister and mother aren't sick yet. Still on restrictive diet. Still on antibiotics and still feel horrible. They worried more about the infection than the sickness. Didn't vomit much, but I don't eat to test it.

What kind of infection? That sounds awful.

I agree with this 1000%. Don't hate sick people, hate the illness, because even when precautions are taken, sometimes they're not enough. Noro unfortunately is easy to get. Also, how can you say you hate sick people when you were infact a sick person? I resent comments like that. No one chooses to get sick.

But I'm glad you're ok, it seems like you made it through the illness pretty well! Probably better than I would have.

Geez, a couple of little offensive words in a moment of panic is all that she said (and addressed). Once again an IES war begins. Wonder who's going to throw the next grumpy comment? ( OP has already held up her white flag.....

Facebook Donna Mutch

You have been through an ordeal. Hopefully you are on the mend now. Get plenty of rest, take your meds & make sure you eat & drink. Im not suggesting you eat a huge greasy meal but eat snacks often.

Dont worry about your comment on sick people. Most of us have felt & said the same things in moments of panic. I know I get furious with people coming into work when they are sick.

I get COMPLETELY furious when people come to work sick, for sure. I think that of they're sick, they should most definitely stay home and rest rather than infecting others. But honestly, when you're posting on a public forum and your words are strong, you're bound to have people disagree with you. No one is starting a war, Mamafear, just stating opinions. I think if someone doesn't wash their hands, or practice proper hygeine, that's gross anyway and they're just asking to get sick, I also don't agree with people going out in public when they're sick because it's only asking to infect others. But yeah, no war is being started. I'm a lover not a fighter ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamafear View Post
    Geez, a couple of little offensive words in a moment of panic is all that she said (and addressed). Once again an IES war begins. Wonder who's going to throw the next grumpy comment? ( OP has already held up her white flag.....
    Calm down, no ones starting a war. We're just trying for some perspective, I think, and then SVS replied, which is fine. No war!