Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Daughter has d* and v* right now

Ugh my nine year old is on the toilet right now with a bucket going d* and v*. I hate this! I know what I have to do as far as cleaning but I'm still a little scared. Words of comfort would be great right now.

Default Re: Daughter has d* and v* right now

Ah you've had such a bad run of it lately! We've had a horrible winter of illness after illness in this house too (not just sv, pretty much everything!) so I completely sympathise, my nerves are constantly shot to pieces. Any idea why she's ill? It may not necessarily be a bug

Well I'm guessing it's noro she has been v* every hour since 6:30 this morning. Only had one bout of d* so far.

Oh dear, poor thing, how's she doing now?

She stopped v* around luch time. She wants soda or Gatorade but I'm making her do water first. Then we will move on to that. She was so scared to drink water she was shaking poor girl. She is almost ten and has her own bathroom in her bedroom so all I have had to do is check on her. She was like why do I need you i can take care of myself. I was like ok I did dump the bucket all day for her through. I was wearing gloves and a mask so I hope my chances are slim. I'm not even really anxious which is weird. I think we have had so much illness this year I'm to tired of it to get worked up lol.

Poor girl!!! My 9 year old woke up at 4:30 this morning with the same thing. It is horrible this is the second v*bug in 8 weeks that my kids have caught. My 6 year old we think started it last Thursday and unfortunately this time I caught it. But it was very fast moving and I do not think my house has ever been so clean! You are doing great!! I caught it only because I had my youngest in the emergency room Thursday when she had it because we thought she had appendicitis because of where she was in pain and I was snuggling with her and wiping her after number 2 and just not being as careful as I usually am. Turns out she has swollen lymphnodes in her stomach from the sv and it causes that type of pain. I hope she is feeling better!!!! Good job mom!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashley11 View Post
    Poor girl!!! My 9 year old woke up at 4:30 this morning with the same thing. It is horrible this is the second v*bug in 8 weeks that my kids have caught. My 6 year old we think started it last Thursday and unfortunately this time I caught it. But it was very fast moving and I do not think my house has ever been so clean! You are doing great!! I caught it only because I had my youngest in the emergency room Thursday when she had it because we thought she had appendicitis because of where she was in pain and I was snuggling with her and wiping her after number 2 and just not being as careful as I usually am. Turns out she has swollen lymphnodes in her stomach from the sv and it causes that type of pain. I hope she is feeling better!!!! Good job mom!!!!
    Is this the first time you have caught it from your kids?

Yes it is! I have cleaned it up many times but I was very careless and the same day my youngest v* she drank some of my drink and then I drank after her. I didn't do any of the cleaning that I do either. She only had diarreha at home and v* a few times at the hospital but I thought it was from something that was not contagious. I was very careless! My husband still has not gotten it and he was with my 9 year old this morning. I hope I did not worry you because I got it! Like I said I did not clean properly at home and was not my usual careful self with symptoms like this I was do worried that there was something worse than a sv wrong with her!