Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default forgot to put ice pack in kids lunch

Kind of freaking out here. Just emptied my kids lunch bag and there was no freezer pack in it! He had a turkey sandwich so I am afraid he's going to get sick! There was a frozen yogurt tube in the bag but mot sure that is enough to keep it cool. I never send meat and the one day I do I forget the ice pack, ugh!

Default Re: forgot to put ice pack in kids lunch

I've done this so many times. I usually let them get their own ice packs, and when they forget it, I FREAK out!!! Thankfully nothing has ever happened, even with turkey breast lunchmeat, etc. You and he will probably be okay. Hang in!

There were many times where I didn't have anything to keep the food in my lunchbox cool and I never got ill off of it, even if there was sandwich meat in there.

Thank you. We mad it through the night and he is fine!

I was JUST thinking about this the other day. My friends and I had those metal or plastic lunch boxes and we always had meat in our sandwiches and NEVER had an ice pack LOL. I wondered how none of us got seriously ill. Thermoses of milk or soup, string cheese, sandwiches with mayo and meat... yet no food poisoning. Maybe that's why our stomachs were stronger than our kids? I don't know.

I know this may be bad, but I have a sandwich for lunch every day, usually over five hours after it was made, and it sits at room temperature that whole time. It has never caused me any problems, though that's not to say that it never will. I'm not sure really how long it takes lunch meat and what not to go "bad". It is usually stuff like mayo that you have to worry about.

I know this is an older post but it brings back memories. My mother always made me sandwiches as a kid and just put it in my lunchbox....never any ice, cold pack or anything. The sandwiches would have mayo, meat, the works and I never got sick. Now I'm paranoid. Funny!