Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Help! I just camehome after being at a party and found that I left my refrigerator door open a crack for about6 hours. I don't have a thermostat to check the temperature inside, and if I went to the closest place that sells them at this hour, by the time I got back, the temperature would be back to normal anyway.

What should I throw out? The only thing I'm reallysure I'm going to throwout is the milk. I assume that the meat and the butter in their own compartments would be OK? Or no? There is no fresh meat in there, only processed. This has me really worried.

I'm sorry I'm not very good at this type of thing....so I'm afraid I can't help you. I think meat should be ok and so should butter. In reality your milk is probably fine too but if it makes you feel better to throw it out then I guess there's no harm in doing so. It all depends on how high the ambient temperature of the room was. If it isn't that warm there shouldn't be a problem. And also if your door wasn't open too far it should be ok.
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes it depends how warm your place is. I have a thermostat in my fridge. In the summer my fridge was slowly quitting on me and the temp in there was close to 55. I was nervous to. The freezer part was still cold. My milk was fine, if it curdles in my tea it isn't good.
    I think your stuff will be ok. If you are not sure then throw it out. My motta, if in doubt, throw it out.