Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Long Car Ride tomorrow and really nervous :(

Last few weeks I have been feeling sick every day. Especially after eating.
    I think at first it was Yasmin, making me feel ill. But now it's probably from not eating well (I feel sick so have to force myself to eat) and stress. I mean, I hope it's just that. I hope nothing else is wrong with me

But we have to drive 10 hours from Melbourne to Adelaide tomorrow to go to my Grandma's funeral. So I really want/have to go. But I feel so sick and am freaking out. I don't like being away from home for three days, especially ten hours away (which doesn't help if for some reason I do throw up, I can't just go home to my comfort zone)
    I have Oxazepam, but it isn't working real well anymore. I also have an anti-emet drug (only four tablets) but it got left in the car on a hot day for two hours. So I hope it will still work if I need it.

Does anyone have any tips? I'm freaking out, and we haven't even started driving yet!
    I also get travel sickness.
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Default Re: Long Car Ride tomorrow and really nervous :(

Peppermint for n*. helps me, and tastes good!
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

Default Re: Long Car Ride tomorrow and really nervous :(

just try to stay calme. the anticipation is worse than the event, I always realize.

If you become sick, you'll get home somehow and be OK. just keep telling yourself that. it happens to other people and they find a way to get home and take care of themselves.
    that's what I keep telling myself