Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Terrified.. Is this it?!

So today i woke up feeling perfect. Felt well rested amd everything. Well i ate breakfast and lunch and about an hour later i felt like i needed to have a bm. Well when i did my entire stomach cramped. It was such a bad cramp that i thought i may v. I had company over so i had to hurry. I ran back downsatirs and about 20 min later i felt the same again, except this time i had severe nausea. I ran back to tge bathroom and tried to go but only did a little...but couldnt find any relief at all! For the next 4 hours i felt somewhat normal... Just a little nervous. But then i bent down and i had horrible pains in my stomach...well i shook that off and about an hour later i ate a slice of pizza and almost immeiately felt sick.. And ever since ive felt really nausteated. It seems like im kinda constipated though so idk what to think but im so nervous that its the flu. What do you think? Im so nervous ive caught it!!!!!

Default Re: Terrified.. Is this it?!

Definitely sounds like constipation. I would think if you had a stomach virus, you're symptoms would be much much worse by now. I have IBS problems and I know when I'm constipated I get very nauseated. If you're hungry or want to try and eat try going with the same BRAT diet you use for diarrhea... bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast. It works just as well for both sides of the bm, and helps the cramping go away after a little while. How are you feeling now?

I agree with the above. I would also add that if you can manage some prunes or pears, they may help you go and give you some relief.

If it was a virus, the last thing you would do is eat a slice of pizza because the symptoms would make you turn your nose up from it. Sounds like gas and constipation. Take some fiber supplements and drink a lot of water. Breathe! You're okay. :-)

Thanks for all the replies. I feel better today but i just took a BM and there was some blood in it... Has this ever happened to anyone?? Its happened ro me quite a bit...but this one really kinda freaked me out.

Quote Originally Posted by SamiMichelle08 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I feel better today but i just took a BM and there was some blood in it... Has this ever happened to anyone?? Its happened ro me quite a bit...but this one really kinda freaked me out.
    If it was bright blood, sounds like you may have strained and possibly tore a little bit. Red blood means you have an external injury, maybe possibly even a hemmohroid (sp?). There are OTC pads you can buy that will help soothe the external bum area. You also may want to consider a stool softener to help things move along a little easier. Its not a laxative-just something to soften things up a bit so it can pass easier.
    If the blood was more black or tarry, that's more serious and would bensomethingnto get checked out ASAP.
    Hope you are feeling better. I have IBS C and it sucks big time!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

It's bright blood.. But now I'm freaking out yet again because I haven't ate for about 6 hours and now my stomach is cramping horribly! And I have gas like crazy!! This isn't the flu is it?!?

You have a tear in your rectum if it's bright. It's nothing serious... a side effect of constipation. Stools that are literally black are caused from internal bleeding (if it isn't related to Pepto). It's not the flu. Just your bowels pitching a fit.

Agree with Monkeys-your bowels are acting up. Not sure if you have IBS or not, but when I have a flare it can take me a couple days before things are back on track. Sounds like your system is out of whack but doesn't sound like SV at all.
    I feel for you-gas cramps as innocuous as they sound can be fricking miserable and make you feel like shit.
    Feel better Hun!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost