Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Should I visit a friend who had a SV about 10 days ago?

I forget all the rules to follow when someone you know has had a stomach virus (except for the obvious, wash your hands, don't touch your face and don't eat anything from their house). I'm moving to California on March 1st and won't get much of a chance to see him and his wife again after I move. On March 6th he posted on Facebook about how he was up all night vomiting and is pretty sure he got it from a couple of coworkers. I haven't a clue if his wife or his 2 children had it, but I'm wondering just how safe I am visiting 10 or 11 days later? Is there a chance for infection still? I hate having this phobia mess with friends I may not see for a very long time, but on that same token I really don't need to catch something like a stomach bug before my big move. Any advice?

Default Re: Should I visit a friend who had a SV about 10 days ago?

My advice, see your friend regardless. When's the next time you'll get to see him if you don't now? Don't even let the fear come into it. If you want to see him, see him. Wash your hands after you use the bathroom and keep your hands away from your face as much as possible and you'll be fine. Honestly, you'll regret it if you don't go see him just because of one stomach virus
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It should be fine. Kaydee is right. See him regardless.

It's a permanent move so chances are I wont get to see him or his family until I have the time and money to come back to visit my own. I probably will go visit, I'll feel awful about it if don't. Thanks for the support guys, I really need it sometimes.