Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panicing! One last thread! :'(

Ok i said i would leave IES but i cant just yet im having this huge panic because im sared i might noro or something here is why

Yesterday I went into this large town shopping mall near me, and i touched loads of things like stair rails and doors and all of that... and i barely washed my hands at all becuse the toilets were hard to get too and i couldbt be bothered as i would just wash them when i was home and i wasnt eating out.

BUT then i got home and began doing my needle point work that im really into and i touched the needle wit my dirty germy hands then put then needle in my mouth to hold it and all this and i hadnt washed my hands yet!

So now im panicing and what would you say my chances are of having noro or another virus that is stomachy?

Dont feel brilliant today but am putting most of it down to anxiety...gaggy feeling in throat and general crappy feeling all over hopefully thats just anxiety but i dont know.. (girls bit - just finished totm so...i shouldbt be getting effects from that anymore)

Just wondering what my chances are and for someone to tell me im being irrational

Whoa that was longer than i mean it to be...sorry! Thanks for reading though, and after this i really am going to tryu and stay away
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

Default Re: Panicing! One last thread! :'(

I would say very slim. I checked Sickweather the other day and I scrolled over England and there was very little noro there. I hope that helps. I also occassionally enjoy needlework.

I would say pretty slim as well. Yesterday you lived your life like someone with out emetophobia! And still every noro season the same % of people get sick.

So hard to imagine that's considered a normal life for a person without the fear! Ha ha... I almost forgot what it looks like.

Nah you won't get anything.

Grace, just looked at that sickweather site for the first time...it's pretty neat! Now that will be my new obsession!!

Sickweather is definitely my new obsession too! OMG! I live in Brooklyn and work in NYC. No matter what illness I look up my area is totally orange! I hope that's just because the population is so high? This is not good!

You're fine. I do this all the time and haven't had an issue.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.