Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Special delivery

Hey guys, I'm spinning my wheels! My husband is away on business for a week and I'm alone with our four children. Today my Mother In Law came by and after being here for around 10 minutes (hugs included) told me she'd just come from her daughters house where middle child had V* three times last night. She's likely touched things I've not sterilized yet, do you think that she could have picked up the bug and transferred it to surfaces in our home? She visited the contaminated house for about two hours. Can she transfer the bug without first getting it herself? Please help!
    Last edited by Mamafear; 02-18-2014 at 02:12 AM.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Default Re: Special delivery

I doubt she could infect your house that way. If you want to be on the safe side, wipe down surfaces with bleach solution and spray some lysol on the furniture.

Thanks, I bleached everything she could have touched. I feel so nervous about people coming here for that exact reason. The In Laws don't really bother with staying away sick and with my Honey not here I was doing so well. Now I feel so pathetic when my children look to me for protection. I just hope I haven't missed a spot. I have this image in my head of some creepy little virus lurking somewhere just waiting. ....:'(
    Last edited by Mamafear; 02-18-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Facebook Donna Mutch

I know the feeling, but I'm sure you cleaned well and your family is safe.

If it makes you feel any better I thought I would tell you my daughter had it six days ago and nobody else has caught it. It was for sure in my house and we are ok so I think you will be just fine. I would have freaked out too.

Thank you. It's so weird that when we're anywhere near Svs it's so hard being rational. Your words gave me perspective. Just feels so calming knowing finally, that I'm not alone with this phobia. This forum is my sanctuary When II'm feeling frightened. :-)

Facebook Donna Mutch