Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation possible exposure, please help!! :(

I am absolutely freaking out. My boyfriend and I went out to eat with his parents. I did not know that before we went out that his step mom was not feeling well..we shared some potato wedges. so we go out, go to a couple stores and get back to the house. She said she felt like she was going tobe sick and before you know it she rushes to the bathroom and starts v*. I immediately grabbed my things and she came out told everyone she was going upstairs to lay down. I walked through the area she was standing when she said that, could I get sick from walking near where she was breathing just after?? Or from Sharon potato wedges?? Please someone give me advice I am losing it

Default Re: possible exposure, please help!! :(

Well first off, breathe. Second off, was she not feeling well before you guys went out to dinner? If so, you can have a little exposure just because she was probably already having symptoms but not showing them. If she was feeling fine before dinner and then when you guys got home and puked, it could of been something she ate that did not agree with her stomach or food poisoning. There could be a number of things. But if she did not puke right in front or on you, then you should be fine just wash your hands and if you are really nervous, don't go over their house for the next few days just in case.

She wasn't feeling well before we went out but I didn't know, and she got food for us to share so with me not knowing anything was wrong I did eat some of it. That's what's scaring me the most. But we got home and she got sick in the bathroom and then went upstairs to lay down. You can't carch it from breathing in their air right after they got sick can you??

Have you gotten sick yet? If not, you have a good chance that you are fine. Just because she wasn't feeling well doesn't mean that you will get sick too. She didn't throw up in front of you that you could of gotten particles in your mouth. It's not airborne so particles of the puke or poop has to get in contact with you via mouth.