Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation I think I have the flu?

Yesterday I felt slightly achy with a small headache which went away after lunch.
    But today I woke up with sore legs, slight pain in stomach (similar to gas pain) and feeling very tired and lethargic. I then got a headache when I was at school. I came home early, and am now panicking because if it's the flu I may v*. I don't feel sick yet though.
    My aunt, whom I hugged about four days ago said she is feeling tired, achy and has a cough. So I've probably caught it from her I guess.

Please help ell in scared I may v* tonight or something
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Default Re: I think I have the flu?

Starting to feel n* now, but that may just be anxiety and the fact my stomach is already uneasy/a little sore.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    - William Shakespeare

Just remember that getting the flu doesn't always mean you're going to get sick the way we hate. It's much more common in really young children to v* when they have the flu. I've known plenty of people (myself included) who got the flu through their whole lives and didn't v*.

Thank you for replying! That makes me feel a little better
    I rarely get the flu, I usually get colds. So when I get the flu I remember the symptoms (which usually include v*ing) and begin to panic.

I mean, the aches have gone and so has most of my headache. I think I'm just feeling uneasy in the gut. So I've taken my anxiety pills (oxazepam) so hopefully if it's my anxiety causing it, it'll go away and I can sleep. Parents said it could just be lack of sleep, and the fact that we just spent 20hrs driving over three days early this week, and I didn't eat much. So I'm hoping that's all it is.

Im mostly stressing because I am going to a theatre performance on Sunday (it's Friday afternoon here) and I've been elated over it for months, now I am beginning to feel off. I don't want to miss it for the world!

- William Shakespeare

Same here! I rarely get the flu too!
    That's good to hear those that the aches in your body are almost all gone. I dunno, to me it definitely sounds like it could have been caused by the anxiety and stress! We all know how much those two things can make our body go absolutely nuts. And knowing the symptoms to something can be our downfall. I usually never feel certain symptoms to things until I read that they're symptoms of it.

Mhm! That's so true! They do crazy, crazy stuff. Once I read the symptoms to something, I start to make myself feel them, or I begin to look for them closely (which again, creates them)
    Only thing bothering me now is a queasy stomach, which is probably just from eating junk food/takeaway over the weekend and now all of a sudden eating healthy. Well, I hope that's all it is haha!

- William Shakespeare