Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Came on here for support

My anxiety has been bad lately, especially tonight. It seems to come in waves. This is actually my first post. I am 28 and I have had this phobia since I was 6 years old. I don't remember how old I was the last time I * but I tell people it was 10yr. My stomach has been upset and hurting tonight and I have been burping. I thought it might because I get an acid stomach sometimes, but of course I kept panicing that it was more. I will keep replaying the symptoms in my head of what it feels like to be sick and sometimes its hard to get out of that spiral. I am glad to say, I am already feeling better already. I was doing reiki on myself in bed but was still jumped up freaking out. So I made some chamomile tea. Could be feeling together with you all or the tea. It's hard feeling like no one understands this feeling. Driving in the car tonight, I get so scared of something happening and I will be so on edge waiting to get back to the house, the drive feeling like the longest drive ever. Have to remind myself to stay in the moment and that whatever happens is okay. I have come a long way. It is nice to be with all of you lovely people! And by the end of this post all is well. I want to try to be here more and support you all, without it freaking me out too.

Default Re: Came on here for support

Welcome. I hope you like it here.

Welcome, I remember the feeling of utter relief and comfort I felt when I first realized I wasn't alone. This forum is a scource of great comfort to me. Gladyyou've also found solace here. Xxx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Welcome, I remember the feeling of utter relief and comfort I felt when I first realized I wasn't alone. This forum is a scource of great comfort to me. Gladyyou've also found solace here. Xxx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Ahh, I was so surprised when I realised there was actually lots of others like me! I had always thought it was a silly fear that not many other people felt. But to find a whole forum full of people? I felt horrible that there were others like me, feeling the same pain as me, but also relieved to know it's not just my crazy brain haha!
    If you ever need to talk dear, just message me! I'm more than happy to chat
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare